6 Reasons Every Blogger Needs CoSchedule
How many different programs do you use to promote your blog posts? Two? Three? More? Bloggers have not only the weight of writing attractive content, but also the worry of getting it out for people to actually see. You don’t have time to manually do all the leg work – you need CoSchedule.
Until now I used three stand alone programs and several plugins for scheduling and promotion; still having to manually promote on a few other sites because they didn’t have a program that was compatible. And don’t forget that many of these programs charge a monthly fee. Costs were adding up and I was still shuffling around trying to remember where I scheduled what and for when.
If that sounds familiar then read on and find out how ONE program can completely change how you blog.
CoSchedule Editorial Calendar for WordPress is an all-in-one editorial calendar solution that finally brings automated social media promotion right into your site’s dashboard. CoSchedule is the first and only social media editorial calendar for WordPress that allows you to not only schedule your blog, but also your social media – all in the same calendar screen, and without leaving your website. That, alone, would be enough to lure me away from all of my other blogging tools. But, it does even more.
After trying out CoSchedule for a few weeks (on my own dime – this is not a sponsored post) I decided to share. I can’t think of a single situation where this wouldn’t be valuable to my fellow bloggers, and here’s why:
6 Reasons Every Blogger Needs CoSchedule
1. Do Everything From Your Blog
Get rid of the laundry list of programs, addons and plugins you’re using. CoSchedule not only provides a fantastic editorial calendar to schedule and rearrange your posting dates, but it also allows you to schedule your posts to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and more — all from within the same calendar window. Do you need to send out a tweet or status that isn’t connected to a post? Or maybe you have a job that requires only scheduled social blasts without an article? Don’t waste time opening a second program; CoSchedule lets you add social messages right to your editorial calendar just like posts.
2. It Doesn’t Get Any Easier Than This
You might be thinking, “Hey, I use WordPress Editorial Calendar and I can drag and drop stuff too.” Sure, but over the past few weeks I’ve noticed many of my blogger friends and associates complaining that it’s often faulty, sometimes forgetful and usually slow to load. Not to mention – it’s ugly. There’s no visual way to quickly tell what has been scheduled and what is still in draft. If you have more than one blogger – forget trying to quickly scan to see who’s posts are ready. You’re going to have to click for that.
3. More Features When Scheduling Posts
Another way CoSchedule blows WP Editorial Calendar (and others) out of the water is their post schedule format. With other programs you get a few general information fields which leave you to still fill in most information from the compose screen. Then, glancing at your calendar still doesn’t tell you what information is available. That’s another click. With CoSchedule you get a lot more. Check out everything you can do right from the calendar:
- Change authors
- Post Title WITH Category selection
- Schedule – Select time, date and decide if it’s draft, pending review (for multi-author blogs) or scheduled
- Social Analytics – Once your post is published – CoSchedule will keep track of your social shares and display numbers for each network individually. This is also viewable right from the main calendar without a click.
- Task List – Keep track of what you need to do, have done and will do for a post while it’s in progress.
- Schedule Social Shares – Compose, schedule and edit social shares for all major networks – including photo posts and link posts that automatically fill in the title and link for you when it’s time and shorten urls. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram!
- Comments – Communicate with guest and co-authors while posts are in progress. Leave notes, edit requests, approvals and more.
- Live Updates – Follow posts that are currently due by co-authors so you know what’s going on with deadlines at all times.
- UPDATE: create social media campaigns! Schedule out your campaigns ahead of time
- UPDATE: Recycle your best social media posts! Set it and forget it with this new ReQueue feature that will select your best performing social posts and keep them in rotation – increasing your follower interaction.
4. Stop Herding Cats (You Might Call Them Co-Authors)
Control your team’s workflow two ways: 1. via the site calendar with live updates, notes and comments 2. by giving each author their own dashboard with their upcoming post list, post performance record, notifications and more. Now you don’t have to chase after deadlines. Your team can clearly see what and when they should write, and you can stop running around making sure everyone got the last email.
5. Let’s talk money.
Subscription plans start at just $15 per month. But it gets better. If you refer your friends – get 10% off your next month each time a referral signs up after their 14 day trial.
You want something even BETTER? Ok, fine. Write a review of CoSchedule on your blog and you get 50% off an entire year of service.SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE TRIAL
6. Excellent Customer Service
You can exchange messages with CoSchedule engineers right from your dashboard! Have a question about a feature? Something not working properly? Just want to say “thanks for a great program!” Send them a note right from your CoSchedule dashboard and they’ll respond!
Not only does CoSchedule offer all of these features, but it executes them effortlessly. No hiccups, no lag. I think back on how many times I wanted to curse at my other calendar and additional programs because they refused to do what I wanted them to do….and I just want to give CoSchedule a great big hug for making my work so much easier.START YOUR FREE TRIAL NOW
*This post is NOT sponsored and was not requested by the company. I do receive a discount on my own subscription plan when someone signs up using my referral link. Thank you!