My youngest son likes to keep moving. He runs, he dances, he does comedy shows – basically he never sits still. Except when he’s playing with LEGO®. We found, as young as 3 years old, that building with LEGO not only kept his mind busy, but it also gave him a sense of both direction and accomplishment; two things he not only craves, but also needs for his personality style. Once assembled, he can then let his imagination go wild with all new versions and configurations.
But, it’s not just LEGO blocks he surrounds himself with. He also loves LEGO books. Typically he brings home books that offer tutorials on different things you can build with LEGO. But now, thanks to Scholastic, he can learn about so much more. From dinosaurs to planets, LEGO Nonfiction helps kids bring learning and laughter together in one place.
WHAT IS LEGO NONFICTION?
Two powerhouse brands, LEGO and Scholastic, come together to reinvent children’s nonfiction publishing. In this innovative new publishing program, LEGO models and minifigures are illustrated in fun and fantastic scenarios throughout as the first point of engagement for kids with real-world topics. This program represents a marriage of core values between LEGO and Scholastic: imagination, creativity, fun, and learning, as well as providing the most engaging, educational information for children.
- An imaginative, fun, and informative nonfiction reading experience from Scholastic and The LEGO® Group—two of the most trusted brands in the world
- Visually stimulating packaging, interiors, and added-value including die-cuts, foil, and stickers
- A combination of LEGO illustrations with real world photographs yield HILARIOUS and INFORMATIVE books kids won’t put down.
- Humor and creativity that kids LOVE and EXPECT from the LEGO brand
- “Building starters” throughout each book encourage the connection between the reading experience and real-world LEGO building
- Amazing facts that kids WANT to know from Scholastic
LEGO Nonfiction books will be released for a variety of reading levels, ranging from ages 4 – 12. The first four books are in stores now!
Leveled Readers (ages 5- 7)
Emerging nonfiction readers love exploring favorite themes!
The “Leveled Readers” series will consist of three levels which will be called out on book covers. Each level builds in complexity as the child’s nonfiction literacy skills progress. Each book also includes stickers! Deep Dive and Dino Safari – Plus more Leveled Readers titles to come in 2017!
Favorite Topics (ages 7 – 10)
Focused, deeper dives into topics kids love, including: Knights & Castles and Planets
Ultimate Fact Book (ages 8-12) – Coming October 2016: Factastic: A LEGO Adventure in the Real World – The ultimate holiday gift book, packed with amazing facts and real-world photos the whole family can enjoy!
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2016 The LEGO Group. All Rights Reserved.