Everyone loves a sweet treat! But with more families moving to a healthier way of eating, you might think you have to miss out. Good News: there’s no reason to completely deprive your family of a delicious cupcake surprise, especially when it’s low sugar, grain free and ready in minutes.
The coconut vanilla cupcake is light, fluffy, delicious….and sugar free. The Yoplait® Greek Yogurt Whip is sweet and fluffy, just like real frosting. But it’s much lighter and gives you the added benefit of added protein, 8% of your daily calcium and 20% of your daily Vitamin D. But – with only 100 calories, 0 fat and just 12 grams of sugar per serving. It’s a tasty cupcake option with less guilt!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you probably already have the majority of the ingredients you need in your pantry and fridge. To make these cupcakes, you will need coconut flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, Splenda or another granulated sweetener, coconut oil, milk, vanilla, and whipped greek yogurt.
Easy Coconut Flour Vanilla Cupcake with Yogurt “Frosting”
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup Splenda or other granulated sweetener
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp. milk
2 tsp vanilla
4 Yoplait Whips Greek Yogurt
Preheat oven to 350,
Line a muffin tin with paper cups or spray the tin with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix: coconut flour, baking powder, salt and Splenda.
Then add the following to the dry mixture: eggs, coconut oil, milk and vanilla and mix well.
Place equal scoops of cupcake batter in each muffin cup.
Bake for 20 – 23 minutes.
Remove and place on rack to cool before adding topping.
Once cook, add the yogurt to the top of each cupcake. You can use an icing or butter knife, or you can use a zip top bag. Simply fill it with your Yoplait whips of choice, snip the corner off with scissors and squeeze onto the cupcake.
Top with a Pizzelle cookie that has been broken in half.
Easy Coconut Flour Vanilla Cupcake with Yogurt "Frosting"
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup Splenda (or granulated sweetener of your choice)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 Yoplait Whips Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line muffins tin with paper cups or spray with nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix: Coconut flour, baking powder, salt and Splenda
- Add: eggs, coconut oil, milk and vanilla
- Mix well
- Place equal scoops of cupcake batter in each cupcake paper
- Bake for 20 – 23 minutes
- Remove and place on rack to cool before adding topping
- Once cool, add Yoplait Greek Yogurt Whips to the top of each cupcake. You can use an icing or butter knife, or you can use a zip top bag. Simply fill it with your Yoplait Whips of choice, snip the corner off with scissors and squeeze onto the cupcake.
How does YOUR family enjoy yogurt? Share your recipes and ideas below!