Homemade Turkey Pot Pie is a fantastic way to use up those turkey leftovers! It’s just like a Chicken Pot Pie but with turkey.
What do you do with all your leftover turkey from Thanksgiving? Me, I always make homemade turkey pot pie!
I look forward to it as it is not something I make all year. I however do make homemade chicken pot pie, which is the same as this recipe just with chicken breast and chicken gravy.
There are many ways you can make turkey pot pie, this recipe is fairly simple, but I do use all fresh veggies. If you do not want all that trouble use a bag of mixed veg, microwave a few potatoes until soft enough to cut and use canned, packaged or jar turkey gravy.
I do mine in a large casserole and cut pieces out for everyone to eat. If you like single serve, use ramekins and bake everyone their own.
The crust on this is a Bisquick pie crust, because me and pie crusts do not get along. Have leftover mashed potatoes? Use those as your topping and remove from oven when they start to brown about 30 minutes.
|Homemade Turkey Pot Pie||
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion-finely chopped
- 2 large celery stalks-finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- 2 carrots-sliced small
- 3 white potatoes-peeled, washed and diced small
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth-divided
- 2 cups cooked turkey-diced
- 1 1/2 cups leftover turkey gravy
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Biscuit Crust
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Stir together in a glass measuring cup)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat olive oil over medium heat in large pot. Add onion, garlic and celery. Saute for 10 minutes, stir often. Add carrots, potatoes and 1 cup of chicken broth. Stir. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. . Add turkey, turkey gravy, 1/2 cup chicken broth, parsley, salt and pepper. Simmer another 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Prepare biscuit crust. Pour the turkey mixture into a 9″ deep dish pie pan or casserole dish and evenly pour the biscuit mixture over entire top of pot pie mixture. Bake 45 minutes.