Honey Almond Breakfast Cakes are fast to make, easy to keep and you can have them as a sweet snack, a dessert or with a meal.
You can make these as drop snack cakes (shown), press them into rolls or pat them into pancake size. My favorite way to eat these is with a little maple syrup and chopped pecans – Yum!
To make our Honey Almond Breakfast Cakes, you will need almond flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, coconut oil, raw honey, almond or coconut milk, and eggs.
Variations for our Honey Almond Breakfast Cakes:
- For a sweeter cake, use pure maple syrup instead of honey
- If you are looking for a more hearty, meal cake – add dried fruit, seeds or nuts
- For a lighter color cake, use blanched almond flour
I haven’t attempted to make these large enough for a sandwich yet – but my husband has already put in a request. If anyone tries making sandwich size cakes – please let me know how it goes!
Paleo Honey Almond Breakfast Cakes
- 5 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 4 - 5 tbsp almond or coconut milk* * adjust amount of almond or coconut milk according to the size and shape you want for your cakes and required batter firmness.
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In another bowl whisk coconut oil and honey together while the coconut oil is still warm.
- Add coconut/almond milk and eggs to your oil/honey mixture and whisk until combined.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until completely blended.
- For drop biscuits: scoop batter with a spoon onto a parchment-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- For classic roll style: scoop batter into your hand and roll into a medium sized ball before placing on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15 - 18 minutes until firm to the touch on top and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Garnish with sliced almonds, honey, pure maple syrup, fruit or just eat as is!