I created this recipe using Johnsonville® Meatballs as part of a sponsored #MeatballMasters post for Socialstars
I always tease my husband about how he cooks. It’s not about his ability; he is awesome in the kitchen. It’s about how much he cooks. Though we joke about how he ‘cooks for an army’, we do love the nights he surprises us in the kitchen. If Dad is at the wheel you can count on a meal that is hearty, hot and satisfying. All important aspects when you have two boys who don’t stop eating.
One of his favorite styles is Italian. He loves mixing it up with pasta, cheese and spices. Thanks to Classic Italian Style Johnsonville® Meatballs, his mouthwatering creations are even easier to produce.
Days are hectic at the Smith house. We don’t stop moving until dinner is already on our minds. But, that doesn’t stop us from making a hot family dinner as often as possible. This Meatball and Ziti Bake is a perfect way to make sure you fill your family’s tummy without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
Johnsonville® meatballs are the best tasting, highest quality frozen meatballs.
That’s a brave claim! But, I think if you take one taste you’ll …well, you won’t say much because you’ll be too busy reaching for another meatball.
Tasty, juicy and packed with spices – I was surprised just how much I enjoyed the flavor. I admit…I often put a few in the oven and eat them by themselves. Guilty as charged.
If you love meatball dishes, but don’t always have time to make them from scratch, try Johnsonville® Meatballs in Classic Italian or Homestyle.
Meatball and Ziti Bake – with Johnsonville®
- 1 lb box Ziti Pasta
- 2 oz cans crushed (seasoned tomatoes, 14.5)
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 oz can tomato sauce (12)
- 16 oz skim ricotta cheese
- 1 bag Classic Italian Style Johnsonville® Meatballs
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 tbsp Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tblsp minced garlic
- 1 tblsp minced dry onion
- 1 bag shredded cheese – Italian Blend or your favorite (Romano (Parmesan, Mozzarella etc))
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Boil pasta and set aside
- In a LARGE sauce pan, combine: canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste with spices, pepper, onion and garlic
- Cook on low heat for approximately 20 minutes, stirring often
- Prebake Johnsonville® meatballs according to package instructions
- Brown and drain ground beef
- Once the meatballs are baked, cut into halves or quarters
- Combine ground beef, meatballs, pasta and sauce mix in sauce pan and remove from heat
- In a large casserole dish, spread out 1/2 of sauce mixture
- For the next layer, use a spoon to scoop Ricotta and drop on top of sauce layer. Do not spread.
- Pour second half of sauce mix over Ricotta layer
- Cover top with shredded cheese
- Bake uncovered at 375° for approximately 20 minutes, until cheese is slightly browned on top