You are going to think I’m completely crazy when I say I love the winter. No not the piles of snow, and ice, and the brutal cold, but the meals I get to cook. There is something about soups, stews, and hot comfort meals that I really enjoy. What I do not enjoy about these meals is the salt content, which can end up being really high if you use stock which is high in salt(I use reduced sodium). Did you know the average American consumes nearly double the suggested amount of salt per day, far more than the recommended daily intake of 2,300 milligrams (about one teaspoon), which is equivalent to about 7.6 pounds of salt per year! But Mrs. Dash has a HUGE variety of 14 different flavors of Salt-Free Seasoning Blends which are salt- and MSG-free to make your recipes flavorful.
We are headed to our annual News Years party at my uncles house today, and I’m the girl who always makes the healthy dish. It’s quite sad as well, because only a handful of my family members will eat the dish I take to pass. So today while browsing the many side dishes over at Mrs. Dash I found a handful of dishes I could bring, but the one that stood out the most was the appetizer meatballs(healthified). They looks and sound delicious. I’ve decided to make this one for my dish to pass.
* 2 Tbsp. (30mL) Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
* 1 lb. (454g) lean ground turkey breast(I’ll be using extra lean ground beef)
* 2 egg whites
* 1/3 cup (80mL) unseasoned bread crumbs
* 1 Tbsp. (15mL) Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
* 1/2 cup (120mL) grape jelly
* 1/2 tsp (2.5mL) Dijon mustard
* 1/2 cup (120mL) BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).Combine ground turkey, Mrs Dash® Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend, egg whites and bread crumbs in a large bowl. Shape into 20 1 inch meatballs.
2. Place meatballs on a baking sheet sprayed with no-stick cooking spray heat in the oven for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. For the sauce combine Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend, grape jelly, Dijon mustard and BBQ sauce in a small, heavy saucepan. Heat until jelly melts. Serve with meatballs.
They look and sound delish, so I’m hoping my family will at least eat these this year. Check out all the side dish recipes Mrs. Dash has as well as main course meals, soups, salads, casseroles and so much more! You can also visit the Mrs. Dash Facebook page where recipes are posted.