How to Make Creamy Pumpkin Mousse with Maple Whipped Cream
Post contains Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our disclosure policy for more information.
Pumpkin mousse is fluffy, dreamy, creamy and a lighter option after a large holiday dinner or for those who aren’t fans of pumpkin pie.
CREAMY PUMPKIN MOUSSE
WHAT ARE THE FOUR BASIC COMPONENTS OF A MOUSSE?
WHY IS IT CALLED MOUSSE?
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PUDDING AND MOUSSE?
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CREAMY PUMPKIN MOUSSE?
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”; amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “acupofthisacupofthat-20”; amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”; amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”; amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”; amzn_assoc_region = “US”; amzn_assoc_title = “Shop This Post”; amzn_assoc_linkid = “92ef1244666f93e964fad888503c6e0f”; amzn_assoc_asins = “B00IYBA87C,B07J2R9HJ7,B07VN42KTF,B00U171JAM”;
Creamy Pumpkin Mousse with Maple Whipped Cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 6 T. real maple syrup divided
- 1 15- oz. can pumpkin purée not pumpkin pie filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened, cubed
- 2 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. half & half
- Beat the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl with a hand mixer until it doubles in size. Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and continue beating until light and fluffy. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Beat the pumpkin purée, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, half &half, and remaining maple syrup in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer until thoroughly blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and transfer to individual dessert bowls. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, remove from refrigerator and top with maple whipped cream, pecans, and a sprinkle of ground
cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy!