[alert style=”white”] I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for Sprint. I received product to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. [/alert]
The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is built for speed, convenience and creativity for people on the go. With a refined S Pen, 16 megapixel camera and 5.7″ display, productivity is just the beginning.
I’ve tested out the Galaxy S5 previously, and I was ready to step it up a notch. The Note 5 did not disappoint. I was instantly impressed by the design: sleek (7.55mm thick), lighter than I expected (6.03oz) and in a beautiful muted white with silver detail. It fits well in my hand, giving me plenty of work space without feeling cumbersome.
MY TOP 3 FEATURES
1. The Newest S Pen: Get things done with the advanced S Pen. Conveniently tucked away inside the phone with a press release for fast access, you can jot down reminders, lists and schedules without even waking the device. S Pen features are also easy to find from any screen or app with the Air Command menu automatically called to your screen as soon as the S Pen is released. It gives you access to the main compatible apps like S Note and Screen write, but also allows you to add your own favorite apps to the menu as well.
2. Camera Freedom: If you’re like me, you hate shooting in auto and then having to edit in another app (or more than one). Forget those limited settings. The Galaxy Note 5 offers several adjustments so you can get your shot perfect. Adjust ISO, White Balance, macro and more.
With a large menu of modes and features, the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is ready to adapt to any need, both camera and video. Use the 16 MP rear camera to save your favorite moments in sharp detail, but also capture slow motion, live broadcast and even create video collages to share with others. Ready for a selfie? The forward facing 5 MP camera can take a photo by voice command. No more awkward arms and weird angles trying to keep your finger on the shutter button.
I was especially surprised by the aperture and the bokeh it creates. No more fussing around with some messy blur app during post editing. In fact, forget post editing completely. With the Note 5 you can tweak your shot BEFORE you take it. Crisp macro shots, bright exposure – you’re going to love the results you get with just the click of a few buttons.
3. Battery Life: The Galaxy Note 5 comes with an internal 3000mAh battery. I’m constantly on the move, so I don’t always have an outlet handy or the time to let my phone sit there while it charges. Tests done on the Note 5 put the talk time at around 28 hours. I’ll have to take their word for it because I just don’t talk that much on the phone. Apps, video and camera, on the other hand, are my main battery drains. I seem to get anywhere from 18 – 20 hours of app time. Plenty of battery life to ensure I’m not chained to a power source when I’d rather be doing something else.
More Features of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- 4K video and tracking autofocus
- Rapid charge time + Power Saving Mode
- Split Screen and Picture in Picture – view 2 apps at once
- SideSync – PC/Phone syncing
Note 5 + Sprint = Unlimited Fun On The Go
Starter Unlimited Data gives you 1GB high-speed data for $20 per month, then get unlimited data at 2G speeds. Plus get unlimited talk and text for $20 more. Family Share Pack Plan – Families switching to Sprint get four lines with unlimited talk, text and 40GB of high-speed data to share while on the Sprint network for $120 per month (excludes taxes and surcharges). Get More info on the Sprint Website
GLOBAL ROAMING: Get Free Unlimited data and text in Sprint Global Roaming countries. Sprint Global Roaming is available at no extra cost and can be included when you start a new line or lines with Sprint. Click For More Info + See Coverage Countries
SPECIAL AMAZON DEAL! New and existing customers that purchase and activate a Samsung Galaxy Note5 by Nov. 30 get a year of Amazon Prime for free!
Amazon Prime: customers can enjoy unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on more than 20 million items, unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes with Prime Video, access to ad-free streaming of over a million songs including thousands of curated playlists and personalized stations with Prime Music, unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos and much more this holiday season and the year after.
RJ’s Pick: Galaxy Note 5 Case from OBLIQ
The first thing I do…is play with my new phone. Ok. But the SECOND thing I do is buy a case to keep it safe. For me, I want a case that is not only functional, but also stylish and this case is both beautiful and sturdy. I love the brushed champagne finish – not only is it classy, but it also provides more grip. Bonus: it’s snug, but won’t break your fingers (or phone) when you want to take it off.