Sleep Inn & Suites Port Clinton- A Review Of Our Stay
Sleep Inn & Suites in Port Clinton is rate # 7 out of 17 hotels in Port Clinton so we thought we’d stay here on our yearly trip to the Lake Erie Shores and Islands. I know there are people saying you should have known better and stayed at one that is a #1 or #2 because they are always better. That isn’t always the case. We’ve stayed in some top reviewed places and I wouldn’t stay there again. Sometimes, some of the best kept secrets are at ones who are rated a tad bit lower. We are always willing to give them a try because you just never know!
Here are the positives about staying at Sleep Inn & Suites:
- Friendly staff
- Free Wi-Fi
- Indoor pool
- Guest laundry
- Close to amenities
- Casa Las Palmas (next door)
- Complimentary basic breakfast – scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, yogurt, sausage patty, two cereals, oatmeal, waffle maker, bread/bagels/doughnuts, fresh fruit, orange juice/apple juice, milk
Now for the unfortunate negatives about our stay at Sleep Inn & Suites:
- VERY worn down
- No fridge/microwave in the room unless you stay in a suite
- Not young family friendly (no tub in room)
- No business center
- No tub
- No sliding door at entrance
- Small tv
- No place to eat in room
- Room had odd smell throughout our stay
- No separate desk in room
- No trash bag in the trash can – thankfully I always keep trash bags in my SUV because one never knows when you will need them so I just used two out of there
- Very small pillows on bed
- Low shower head that doesn’t work well if you are over 6″
- Short beds – my husband is 6’4 and his feet went past the edge of the bed
- Bathroom door is a pocket sliding door and doesn’t lock
- Charge to use the safe – didn’t see it until after we checked out and it’s $1.07 per day.
Here is a collage of photos from our room:
Would we stay here again? Unfortunately no. We stayed in a regular room for four nights. The room is very small and is not set up for a family of four. We did carry out for dinner one night and my husband and I sat in a chair and held our food and our daughters stood and ate from their plates that were on the dresser.
We didn’t speak with any management or anyone at the hotel regarding our stay. Honestly, we almost left the first night, however, we decided to stick it out for the week so I could really review our stay based on being a regular traveler and not as a blogger.