Easy Jalapeño Peach Salsa Brings The Heat & The Sweet
Summer and salsa go hand in hand. And this fast, easy Jalapeño peach salsa is a fantastic choice. It’s absolutely gorgeous! The combination of colors creates a beautiful presentation, while the delicious blend of sweet and spicy flavors makes it a wonderful addition to simply prepared fish, chicken or pork dishes.
Easy Jalapeño Peach Salsa Brings The Heat & The SweetClick To Tweet
You can also enjoy with chips or pita at your next hosted cookout. Hosting an evening summer dinner? Try a bowl of spicy peach salsa for tasty melba or on crispy, grilled bread instead of bruschetta.
No matter how you choose to serve, this Jalapeño peach salsa is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Tip: Soak the red onion in a cup of water for 10-15 minutes before using to reduce its strong flavor and odor.
For best results, make this salsa the night before serving so the flavors have a chance to blend. This will also soften the peaches and onion to a nice consistency.
- 6 fresh peaches pits removed and cut into small pieces
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- ½ medium shallot minced
- 3 T. red onion cut into small, thin slices
- 1-2 t. jalapeno peppers seeds and veins removed, and very finely minced
- 3 T. fresh cilantro leaves stems removed and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl and stir to combine. (Start with a very small amount of jalapeno pepper and taste before adding more).
Season with salt and pepper.
Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Want to get the very best peaches for your salsa? Try these tips from Kitchn:
- Go local – local peaches don’t have as far to travel.
- Look for color first – while smell is always good too, color is going to be an important indication
- There’s a trick to the squeeze…(hint: it’s not how you squeeze, but where you squeeze)
- Learn more