I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Whish Body. I received a promotional item and Whish Body samples to facilitate my review.
No one likes shaving. Sure, you feel better when your skin is smooth and touchable, but there’s nothing fun about raking a blade over your skin. You hope you don’t nick yourself or get bumps. Once finished, you wonder how long you can wait before you have to do it all over again. If you’re like me, the wait is never long enough.
I have to shave several times a week. Let’s just be honest – I have a lot of hair. Thanks to family genes and dark hair on a light complexion, I can’t go more than two days without having to throw on some jeans to avoid sharing my fuzzy legs with the world.
While shaving can be helpful by exfoliating the dead skin cells, having to go through the process three times a week creates some wear and tear on my legs. My skin gets dry, I get bumps on my knees and I always manage to cut myself once or twice. Nothing says “Hello Summer!” like pieces of tissue paper stuck in various spots.
The shaving powers that be must know my hair struggle because I was asked to try out a new shaving line from Whish that included a luxury shaving cream and a hair inhibiting gel. So, how did they work? Read on to find out!
SHAVE CRAVE – SHAVING CREAM is a new way to shave. Developed to offer women the same foam free shave as high end men’s products, Whish is a whipped cream so you can get a close shave while avoiding the drying effects of foam or soap. Its natural ingredients leave your skin soft, smooth, and pampered.
Natural Squalene – a source of Omega 3 fatty acids, replenishes and hydrates to eliminate roughness and dryness. Organic Shea Butter – has a high content of non-saponifiable fats which are the best natural skin moisturizers and are also high in anti-oxidants. Organic Raspberry Butter – high in anti-oxidants, this attacks free radicals making it a magical moisturizer.
Organic Green Tea – a natural anti-oxidant to protect skin from free radicals. Organic Coconut Oil – High in anti-oxidants, coconut acid; helps penetrate into the underlying skin tissue to deeply moisturize while preventing and protecting against free radicals keeping the skin young, healthy and beautiful.
Organic Jojoba Seed Oil – a natural emollient to help keep the skin supple and soft and maintain moisture.
SHAVE SAVOUR – HAIR INHIBITING GEL is a quick absorbing moisturizer that not only soothes and repairs skin, but it also slows hair growth within 28 days. Unlike other chemical inhibitors, Shave Savour is made with natural and organic ingredients.
Organic Aloe – a soothing, natural anti-septic with anti-bacterial properties, anti-inflammatory, and moisturizing properties. Organic Shea Butter – has a high content of non-saponifiable fats that are the best natural skin moisturizers and are also high in anti-oxidants. Panthenol – a natural, hydrating vitamin when applied externally, it penetrates into lower skin layers adding essential moisture and increased collagen production.
Chaparral Extract – loaded with anti-oxidants this natural ingredient slows hair regrowth leaving skin softer for longer in between shaves.
Hyaluronic Acid – made famous by ABC’s 20/20. It is known as an anti-aging ingredient and sun damage repair treatment. Retinol Palmitate – Assists with skin rejuvenation and cell turnover.
WHAT I LOVED
- The shaving cream really did make a difference in how soft my skin was after shaving. With foams and soaps, my skin always felt dry and tight. After using Whish twice, my skin felt softer and more pliable.
- No nicks. Finally, I can shave without cutting myself! I don’t know all of the technical reasons one product results in bleeding and another doesn’t. All I know is that it’s not happening anymore with Whish.
- “Single Pass” shaving. With foam I have to go back over the same spots twice to make sure I get all the hair. With Wish, I have a smooth shave the first time.
- The inhibitor gel really does work. I wasn’t hopefully about this product at first – so many promise the same thing and never deliver. The Whish inhibitor actually produced results. After two weeks of use (every night) I was able to go 5 days without having to shave. For me, that’s amazing. I’m looking forward to seeing the results I get after a full month of use.
WHAT I WASN’T CRAZY ABOUT
- Amount you have to use. The directions say you only need a quarter size pump of the shaving cream, but I had to use 2 – 3 times more than that on my legs. Since you soak before shaving, applying the cream to wet skin makes it ‘melt’ and I felt like I needed more to get enough coverage to shave smoothly. At $20 per bottle, that could get expensive.
- The weight of the containers. While I love a well made product bottle/tube, these are kind of heavy. This definitely doesn’t change the effectiveness of the product, but I found myself dropping the bottle repeatedly because my hands were wet and slippery from the cream.
Shaving Cream $20.00 // Hair Inhibiting Gel $26.00 – The full Whish product line is available at Nordstrom