Pasta Skillet with Meatballs is a quick and easy meal that will be ready in 30 minutes. All you need are the ingredients, a pan, and your stovetop! This dish will satisfy those pasta cravings without feeling like you’re eating just carbs for dinner. You can serve it as an entrée or add a salad to make it into a full meal.
Pasta with Meatballs
When it comes to making a delicious dinner, this recipe is about as easy as it comes. You can have this dish on the table in 30 minutes, so it’s perfect for when guests are coming over or if you’re short on time but want to make something great that everyone will enjoy!
If you are looking for other easy dinner ideas, we have a few other delicious recipes that I really think you’ll enjoy like our BBQ Chicken Legs, or this hearty Sausage Gravy and Biscuits that is not only great for breakfast but will also work perfect for dinner. Of course, another family favorite is our Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad. Even though is is more of a lighter dish, this pasta salad isn’t light on flavor.
Why Make This Recipe
You should totally make this recipe because it’s:
Easy – this recipe goes together quickly.
Budget-friendly – you probably already have these ingredients on hand.
Versatile – you can change up the flavor of sauce, meatballs, and cheese.
What You’ll Need
- meatballs – frozen or you can make Homemade Meatballs. You can also use turkey.
- pasta – any type your family loves
- pasta sauce – any flavor your family loves
What is the Best Pasta to Use for This Type of Dish?
I prefer to use penne noodles. It cooks quickly and it’s easy to eat with a spoon. I also love the way the pasta fills with the sauce. You can also use spaghetti or rigatoni or whatever noodles you have on hand.
Which is Better – Whole wheat vs White flour Pasta?
This is a personal preference. Some people do not like the texture of whole wheat pasta and others prefer the nutritional value of it over white pasta. Whichever you choose will taste fantastic in this recipe.
How Can You Change Up This Pasta Dish?
There are different ways that you can change up this pasta skillet. You can change the sauce from marinara to Alfredo sauce or to your favorite vodka sauce. Also, you can use ground beef, Italian sausage or chicken. You can also add different vegetables. You will want to sauté the vegetables first, however.
How to Reheat
Reheating this skillet will depend on a few things. If you have stored it in the skillet, you can reheat it in the skillet, on the stove top, or in the oven. You can also move it from the skillet in order to reheat the pasta in the microwave. If you have stored it in a different container, you can reheat it in the microwave or on the stove top.
How to Store It
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in fridge for up to five days.
How To Make Skillet Pasta
You will find a complete breakdown of the ingredients as well as the instructions in the printable recipe card below. Here are a few in-process shots as well as a few key steps.
Step 1: Set the oven to broil.
Step 2: If you are making your meatballs homemade, go ahead and make those now. If you are using frozen ones, prepare them according to the directions on the box.
Step 3: In a large stock pot, add in your salted water and bring it to a boil and cook the pasta as directed on back on the box. Remember to cook just to al dente.
Step 4: In a large cast iron skillet or oven-proof skillet, add in your frozen or homemade meatballs, the pasta sauce, and your seasonings, and stir together.
Step 5: Next, add in your cooked pasta and 1 cup of the shredded cheese and stir everything together.
Step 6: Heat everything together for approximately five minutes.
Step 7: Sprinkle the remaining one cup of the shredded cheese on top and then place it under the broiler on low.
Step 8: Allow the cheese to melt and begin to bubble. Then remove from the oven and serve.
Easy Pasta Skillet with Meatballs
- Cast iron skillet
- Wooden spoon or spoon
- 1 bag of frozen meatballs or Homemade Meatballs
- 16 ounce box of pasta cooked according to package directions and drained
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- Set the oven to broil.
- If you are making your meatballs homemade, go ahead and make those now. If you are using frozen ones, prepare them according to the directions on the box.
- Prepare your pasta and cook according to the directions on the back of the box. Make sure to cook just until the pasta is al dente.
- Heat the cast-iron skillet or the oven-proof skillet that you are using and add in the meatballs, the seasonings, and the pasta sauce. Stir everything together.
- Next, add in your cooked pasta and 1 cup of the shredded cheese and stir everything together.
- Heat everything together for approximately five minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining one cup of the shredded cheese on top and then place it under the broiler on low.
- Allow the cheese to melt and begin to bubble. Then remove from the oven and serve.