Our Homemade Lavender Sugar Scrub Bunnies are easy to make and make a great DIY gift to share. Self-care spa relaxation at home is an important way to take care of yourself.
Get your claw foot bathtub ready with some warm water and grab your bunny-shaped lavender essential oil scrub bar. Enjoy the soothing scent of lavender as you rub this scrub bar all over your rough skin to moisturize your skin and reap the benefits of the sweet aroma of lavender essential oil.
This essential oil DIY body scrub recipe is a wonderful way to practice self care this year. The adorable bunny-shaped body scrub homemade with essential oils will help relax your mind and reduce stress.
You will find a complete listing of everything you need below in the printable card below.
Lavender essential oil - any brand you prefer is fine. This is totally your own preference.
Olive oil - this is also any brand you prefer.
Step 1: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the soap base.
Step 2: Add in the soap dye.
Step 3: Add in the oils and sugar.
Step 4: Pour into the mold and let everything set.
Step 5: Remove from the mold and place in an airtight container.
What is the Best Way to Make a Relaxing Bath?
Light candles and keep the bathroom light off
Play subtle music
Use a bath pillow to keep your head comfortable
Use a lavender infused eye pillow
Place this body scrub in your warm bath to use the relaxation properties of lavender essential oil
Put a do not disturb sign on your bathroom door
Lavender essential oil, in the purest form, is good for alleviating headaches, relaxing inflammation and the pain from toothaches. The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of essential oil lavender help relax physical and mental strains.
Insomnia, relaxation, and stress. It's been suggested that it's also good as a anti-inflammatory. However, as with all things, please consult your doctor.
Lavender Sugar Scrub Bunnies
- Bunny soap mold
- Glass measuring cup
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- ⅛ lb. shea butter melt & pour soap base 2 cubes
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops lavender soap dye
- First, start by melting your soap base in the microwave on high for 30 second intervals. If the base isn't completely melted, put it back into the microwave for another 10 seconds and continue checking until it's completely melted.
- Next, add in the soap dye and stir the dye in thoroughly.
- Once the dye has been added, add in the essential oil, the sugar, and the olive oil. Stir well. If you notice the mixture starting to thicken, put it back into the microwave and warm it back up for approximately 5 to 10 seconds.
- Then, slowly pour the mixture into the bunny silicone mold and let it set on a flat surface for 3 hours.
- Once the soap has finally set, take it out of the mold. Place the bunnies in an airtight container and enjoy!