Herb-Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Kale is flavorful, yummy, and is made in just ONE pan!The family will come running when they smell this dish cooking!
Is there anything any better then the aroma of roasted chicken filling the house on a cold winter day?
Herb-Roasted Chicken with Potatoes & Kale
Gone are the days of pulling out 3 pans and 4 pots just to prepare a multi-faceted meal for your loved ones. Now you can bring all these amazing flavors together in one pan - freeing up your evening for relaxation and time with family.
For best results, use a larger three-quarter size sheet pan instead of a standard 13” x 18” half sheet pan for this recipe. This will allow the vegetables enough room to be spread into a single layer without overcrowding, while keeping all ingredients to one single pan.
This easy Chicken and Kale recipe will quickly become one of your family's favorites!
Herb-Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Kale Prep:
Keeping all ingredients on a single sheet pan is important in this case because the juice from the chicken and lemon wedges will mingle with the fresh herbs to infuse the potatoes, onion, and kale with incredible flavor while cooking. Make sure to lay ingredients on a Silicone Baking Mat for easy cleanup and non-stick cooking.
*Note: Always cook meat to temperature, not by time. Actual cooking time will vary based on a number of factors, including internal starting temperature, individual oven variations, size and thickness of the meat, what else is in the oven while cooking, etc...
The minimum safe recommended cooking temperature for chicken thighs is 165°F (74°C). For quick and safe monitoring, try an Instant Read Thermometer
One Pan Herb-Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Kale
- 1½ lbs. red potatoes cleaned and cut in half
- 1 large red onion roughly chopped
- 6-8 whole garlic cloves finely minced
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. fresh rosemary minced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 10-12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 large lemon cut into 8 wedges
- 2 c. fresh kale washed tough stems removed, and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, red onions, minced garlic, olive oil, and fresh rosemary. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and arrange the veggies on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and coat with any remaining rosemary and olive oil mixture. Season the chicken with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and nestle in between the veggies along with the lemon wedges and sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Roast in the pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the veggies develop nice color and the chicken is nearly done. Remove baking sheet from the oven and stir in the fresh kale.
- Return the sheet pan to the oven and roast for another 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked* and the kale is wilted. Remove from oven and transfer chicken and potatoes to a serving platter and loosely cover with foil.
Looking for more easy chicken recipes? Try Smokey Chicken & Artichoke Pizza or Paleo Chicken and Mushroom Ratatouille