Sweet Orange Sugar Scrub
Post contains affiliate links. Purchases made through links provide us with a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our disclosure policy for more information.
It is so easy to make your own DIY Sweet Orange Sugar Scrub. With just a few ingredients, you can whip up your own homemade sugar scrub in no time. If you’ve never made homemade sugar scrub before, then you are in for a real treat. Once you make your own diy sugar scrub, you will definitely be making it again. Plus, when the great thing about making your own is that it’s so versatile!
I think one of my favorite things about using sugar scrub is that it makes your skin feel great. The fact that it not only exfoliates your skin but it also softens your skin is a win-win.
That’s also why once I learned how to make my own, I always have it on hand. Since sugar scrub is made with ingredients found right in your own pantry, it’s easy to make and can be made in no time.
❤Why You’ll Love Making This
- Uses Natural Ingredients: You’ll find the ingredients in your cabinets.
- Easy: You can whip up a batch in no time.
- Great for gifts: Scrubs make great gifts!
- Versatile: You can change up the essential oils for any holiday or time of year!
- Granulated sugar – you should already have this in your pantry.
- Sweet Orange essential oil – or regular orange
- Coconut oil – to moisturize your skin
You will find a complete breakdown of the instructions as well as the ingredients needed below.
Step 1: Mix together the sugar and coconut in a medium sized bowl.
Step 2: Add in the orange zest and essential oil.
Step 3: Add in orange food coloring if desired.
Step 4: Enjoy.
If you are looking for a natural way to exfoliate your skin, this is it! When you are in the shower, just use a scoop of this, rub it gently onto your skin and wash away your dead skin cells. However, just a word of caution, due to the essential oils, your shower or tub will be a bit slippery so be careful with getting out of the shower.
Hands down, granulated sugar. Plus, since it’s so inexpensive, it really makes making your own body scrub inexpensive.
Since oranges have citric acid, it’s been said they will help give your skin a smooth glow and exfoliate the skin.
You can use body scrub at least once a week.
Because it’s a natural ingredient that will help moisturize your skin and it won’t clog your pores.
To store sugar scrub, make sure to keep it in an airtight container away from moisture and sunlight.
Peppermint Orange Sugar Scrub Bars
Orange Sugar Scrub
- Medium sized bowl
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 20 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 5 drops orange food coloring optional
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the granulated sugar and the coconut oil. Stir the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Grate in the zest of one orange and then add in the essential oil. You may decide to add in more essential oil depending on whether or not you prefer more of an orange smell.
- Once you have combined the ingredients together, if you want a nice orange look to your sugar scrub, add in a few drops of orange food coloring.
This post was originally on Fun Country Life.
I went to a DIY beauty party and this recipe for the scrub was my contribution. I had all the ingredients, and we all had a blast making it. It was a big hit.
Oh how much fun would that have been to go too! What a great idea! Friends and fun projects, what could be better. I’m glad you guys liked it. Once you start making your own scrub, you’ll be surprised at many different types you can make.
ooh. i’ll have to stop myself from eating this one, lol