Post contains affiliate links. Purchases made through links provide us with a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our disclosure policy for more information.
This luxurious homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub is just as amazing as you think it would be. Full of white granulated sugar, coconut oil, peppermint fragrance oil, and crushed peppermint sticks, this DIY Candy Cane scrub is not only the perfect treat for yourself, but it is also a great gift idea!
How to Make Peppermint Sugar Scrub
Believe me when I say that once you start making your own sugar scrub, you'll wonder why you haven't before!
All it takes is just a few ingredients that you already have in your pantry, a few drops of your favorite essential oils or fragrance oils, and boom, you are done.
Can This Be Used as a Foot Scrub?
Absolutely! Using this on your feet is a great way to revitalize them after a long day. Just soak your feet in warm water, apply the scrub, massage into your feet, rinse, and pat your feet dry. I always follow up with peppermint lotion. That is an extra luxurious treat for your feet!
What Does Peppermint Do for Your Feet?
The great thing about Peppermint essential oil is that it is known to increase your circulation and it's promoted to use topically for muscle aches.
What Sugar is the Best?
White granulated sugar is the best. It's the most cost effective as well.
How Often Can You Use It?
You can use body scrub at least once a week.
Why Do You Use Coconut Oil?
Because it's a natural ingredient that will help moisturize your skin and it won't clog your pores.
Can I put Peppermint Extract in a sugar scrub?
Yes and no. As long as it's pure peppermint extract yes. But if it's artificial, then no. You won't be getting any of the benefits of the peppermint.
What Ingredients Are Needed?
- Granulated sugar - you should already have this in your pantry.
- Peppermint essential oil - or Peppermint fragrance oil
- Coconut oil - to moisturize your skin
Why You'll Love Making This
- Uses Natural Ingredients: You'll find the ingredients in your cabinets.
- Versatile: You can change up the essential oils for any holiday or time of year!
- Easy: You can whip up a batch in no time so you can change up the scent any time you'd like, and you will never run out!
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Mix together the sugar and coconut in a medium sized bowl.
Step 2: Add in the essential oil, fragrance oil and the crushed peppermint.
Step 3: Add in pink food coloring if desired.
Step 4: Enjoy.
Peppermint Orange Sugar Scrub Bars
This post was originally on Fun Country Life before it merged into MomSkoop.
Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Medium sized bowl
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 20 drops Peppermint Fragrance Oil and/or Essential oil
- 5 drops pink food coloring optional
- 3 Peppermint sticks crushed
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the granulated sugar and the coconut oil. Stir the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Add in the essential oil. You may decide to add in more essential oil and or fragrance oil depending on whether or not you prefer more of a peppermint smell. Next add in the crushed peppermint/
- Once you have combined the ingredients together, if you want a nice pink peppermint look to your sugar scrub, add in a few drops of pink food coloring. Spoon the sugar scrub into an airtight container. Then top with additional crushed peppermint.
Leave a Reply