We do love our fire pit and we roast marshmallows several nights per year. But, sometimes an afternoon BBQ is just too hot already. Building a fire is the last thing we want to do when we’re trying to cool off. Luckily, with this recipe, you can keep your cool and still enjoy the chewy, chocolate goodness of s’mores in your backyard. Because let’s face it. Just because you WANT to be outside, sometimes the weather is just TOO hot!
And the great thing about this recipe is that you can create these S’Mores anytime of the year! Winter, Spring, Fall, or Summer!
You can also prepare these in squares. I made a batch of each, but this recipe follows the steps for cupcakes.
This recipe is just so easy, you may find yourself making s’mores even when you’re staying indoors. Pay close attention, however, when you toast your marshmallows at the end. They can burn up quickly! I turned on my oven light and watched every second until they were done. It doesn’t take long – so keep an eye on them!
S’MORES BROWNIE CUPCAKES
S'Mores Brownie Cupcakes
- 1 box Betty Crocker Brownie Mix (or other)
- eggs (water and oil according to brownie mix box)
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (approx. one sleeve of graham crackers)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter – melted
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- Grind graham crackers in food processor until fine
- add butter and sugar – mix well
- place cupcake liners in cupcake tins
- using your fingers, mold graham cracker crumbs on the bottom and sides of cupcake liners
- Set in refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes
- Prepare brownie mix as instructed on box
- Remove cupcake tins from refrigerator and fill each 1/3 of the way with brownie mix
- Bake as directed
- Remove from oven and cover the top of each cupcake with mini marshmallows
- Switch oven to BROIL
- Place cupcakes back in oven until marshmallows are lightly browned on top
- Remove and place on rack to cool before removing cupcake liners