Summer will soon be over and the big final Summer holiday, also known as Labor Day will be here. What are your big plans for the long holiday weekend? Camping? Boating? Shopping? Relaxing? Regardless of how you are planning on spending that weekend, here is a list of the stores open on Labor Day so you have it in one place.
Grocery and Convenience Stores Open on Labor Day
Since Labor Day is the final weekend of Summer and our thoughts are all about the long weekend, we need to keep in mind the real reason that the holiday came to be. Head over to the U.S. Department of Labor's website to learn more about the holiday and the real story behind it.
Even though you may not be planning on going out to eat during this weekend, in case your plans change, make sure to check out our post on the restaurants that are open on Labor Day so that you are prepared.
If shopping is your jam, then you know that big holiday weekends are always the best time to score some stellar deals! Sidewalk sales are usually outstanding during Labor Day weekend so definitely make sure to check out the local stores and outlet malls near you so you don't miss any deals.
If you are going to be hosting a get together and are looking for some new recipes to try, make sure to try our Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad, our Old-Fashioned Macaroni Salad, and our Classic Pig-Pickin' Cake. And definitely make sure to check out our post on Labor Day Desserts! This roundup is full of delicious recipe ideas!
- Albertsons – open but check your local store for specific hours.
- Aldi's - open but check your local store for specific hours.
- BJS – will open at 8 am for Senior hour and then at 9 for the public. Each store will have definitely hours for closing.
- The Fresh Market: Opens 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Giant Food: Shows regular hours.
- Harris Teeter: Will be open but check hours.
- Kroger: Kroger’s will be open but as always, contact your local store for the actual times.
- Meijer: Shows open but limited hours.
- Piggly Wiggly: Will be open but verify hours.
- Publix - check local hours
- Safeway: Stores were open last year while some had adjusted hours.
- Stop & Shop: Shows regular hours.
- Trader Joe’s – Will be open but check your local store.
- Walmart: Should be normal hours.
- Wawa – Verify local stores hours but shows will be open.
- Wegmans: Normal hours
- Whole Foods: Shows open but check the hours.
- Winn-Dixie: Verify local stores hours.
- Vons: Open but limited hours.
Grocery Stores That Will Be Closed
- Sam's Club
Pharmacies That Will Be Closed
Department Stores That Will Be Open
- Bass Pro Shops
- Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Best Buy
- Crate & Barrel
- Dollar General
- Dollar Tree
- Five Below
- Hobby Lobby
- Home Depot
- TJ Maxx