So, what big plans do you have this year for Memorial Day? Spending time with the family and friends? Cooking out? Camping? Boating? Regardless of how you are spending the first official weekend of Summer, we have put together a list of the stores that are open on Memorial Day so you know what's open in case you run out of anything or in case you have a desire to hit some sales!
Grocery and Convenience Stores Open on Memorial Day
Of course, we all know Memorial Day weekend is all about kicking off Summer, however, make sure to take a few moments to remember the fallen and why the holiday came to be. You can head over History.com to learn more about the meaning and history behind the holiday.
Even though we love cooking out, sometimes we do pick something up at one of the many restaurants that are open on Memorial Day to eat, especially if we are headed to one of the large outlet malls to do some serious shopping. If you haven't hit a Memorial Day Sale at an outlet mall before, my friends, this is something you must do! To make your shopping plans a little simpler, we put together a post on what Stores are Open on Memorial Day.
If you are looking for some delicious new recipes to try, then make sure to check out our Old-Fashioned Macaroni Salad. It's simple and delicious! Of course, our Fruity Sangria can be made as a mocktail so everyone can enjoy it!
- Albertsons – open but check your local store for specific hours.
- Aldi's - open but check your local store for specific hours.
- BJS – will open at 8 am for Senior hour and then at 9 for the public. Each store will have definitely hours for closing.
- The Fresh Market: Opens 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Giant Food: Shows regular hours.
- Harris Teeter: Will be open but check hours.
- Kroger: Kroger’s will be open but as always, contact your local store for the actual times.
- Meijer: Shows open but limited hours.
- Piggly Wiggly: Will be open but verify hours.
- Publix - check local hours
- Safeway: Stores were open last year while some had adjusted hours.
- Stop & Shop: Shows regular hours.
- Trader Joe’s – Will be open but check your local store.
- Walmart: Should be normal hours.
- Wawa – Verify local stores hours but shows will be open.
- Wegmans: Normal hours
- Whole Foods: Shows open but check the hours.
- Winn-Dixie: Verify local stores hours.
- Vons: Open but limited hours.
Grocery Stores Closed on Memorial Day
- Sam’s Club
Pharmacies Open on Memorial Day
*Make sure to check the hours of your local stores.
Department Stores Open on Memorial Day
- Bass Pro Shops
- Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Best Buy
- Crate & Barrel
- Dollar General
- Dollar Tree
- Five Below
- Hobby Lobby
- Home Depot
- TJ Maxx
Are Malls Open on Memorial Day?
Yes, they usually are! And many have either Sidewalk Sales or Memorial Day Sales that have pretty fantastic markdowns! They are definitely worth checking out!
Are Banks Open on Memorial Day?
No. Since this is a federal holiday, banks are not open. However, you can still use ATMS for withdrawals and make deposits. You will still be able to access your account both online and through your phone.