Post contains Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our disclosure policy for more information.
Our Coconut Flour Cupcakes with Yogurt frosting are full of vanilla flavor, are grain free, have low sugar, and are the perfect cupcake treat! This coconut vanilla cupcake is light, fluffy, delicious....and sugar free.
Everyone loves a sweet treat! But with more families moving to a healthier way of eating, you might think you have to miss out. Good News: there's no reason to completely deprive your family of a delicious cupcake surprise, especially when it's ready in minutes.
The Greek Yogurt Whip is sweet and fluffy, just like real frosting. But it's much lighter and gives you the added benefit of added protein, 8% of your daily calcium and 20% of your daily Vitamin D. But - with only 100 calories, 0 fat and just 12 grams of sugar per serving. It's a tasty cupcake option with less guilt!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you probably already have the majority of the ingredients you need in your pantry and fridge. Another one of my favorite things is that coconut flour is good for you. It's rich in fiber and MCTs.
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder - make sure that it hasn't expired.
- Kosher salt
- Granulated sweetener
- Coconut oil
- Milk - any type
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Greek Yogurt - 4 Yoplait Whips Greek Yogurt
Step 1: Preheat your oven.
Step 2: Prepare the muffin tin and set aside.
Step 3: In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
Step 4: Add in the wet ingredients.
Step 5: Scoop the batter into the muffin tins.
Step 6: Bake.
Step 7: Make the frosting and frosting the cupcakes.
Step 8: Top with a Pizzelle.
Step 9: Enjoy.
- Almond flour works great if you don't have any coconut flour.
Refrigerator: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. These will keep up to three days.
Freezer: I haven't tried freezing them. However, normally you can freeze cupcakes (without frosting) for up to three months.
Coconut flour is a gluten-free flour that is also naturally grain free that is produced from dried coconut meat. Coconut meat is dried at a low temperature and ground until it produces a soft, fine power which you can use for baking.
It has a subtle coconut taste but it's not overpowering.
Besides in these cupcakes, you can use it in any baking recipe such as brownies, cookies, muffins, and cakes.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
Easy Coconut Flour Vanilla Cupcakes with Yogurt "Frosting"
- muffin tins
- paper liners
- Large bowl
- Cookie scoop
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sweetener
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 Yoplait Whips Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350,
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups or spray the tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix: coconut flour, baking powder, salt and sweetener.
- Then add the following to the dry mixture: eggs, coconut oil, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Place equal scoops of cupcake batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 - 23 minutes.
- Remove and place on rack to cool before adding topping.
- Once cooled, add the yogurt to the top of each cupcake. You can use an icing or butter knife, or you can use a zip top bag.
- Simply fill it with your Yoplait whips of choice, snip the corner off with scissors and squeeze onto the cupcake.
This post was originally posted on July 29, 2015, on Remaking June Cleaver.