Easter Puppy Chow is sweet, crunchy and addictive! This easy to make muddy buddy recipe for Easter is the perfect snack! This is a kid-friendly recipe that is perfect to set out on Easter for your guests to nosh on.
Puppy Chow is also known as muddy buddies. Why you ask, I have no idea. So regardless of what you call them, the bottom line is, they are delicious!
The only problem with making puppy chow is that once you make it, you will want to make it time and time again; especially during the holidays, like for Easter.
I make up a batch whenever the mood strikes. So of course, I have created a Christmas Puppy Chow recipe, a recipe for Patriotic Puppy Chow, a St. Patrick's Day Muddy Buddy Recipe and a fun Red and Pink Valentine Puppy Chow Recipe.
❤Why Should I Make This Recipe?
You should totally make this because it's:
Easy - this recipe using Chex cereal goes together quickly.
Budget-friendly - you probably already have everything you need in the pantry.
Kid-friendly - the kids can totally help you make this.
- Chex cereal - you can use corn or rice. Whichever you prefer.
- Chocolate chips - you can use chocolate wafers or candy melts. It's totally up to you.
- Peanut butter - crunchy or creamy. Your family's preference.
You will find complete instructions in the recipe card below.
This is so easy to make, all you need is:
- 2 large bowls, one with a lid.
- spatula or spoon
- medium bowl for melting the chocolate
You can store this for up to 7 days in an airtight container on the counter. I do not recommend freezing it or keeping it in the fridge.
There are no right or wrong ways to make this recipe. It's totally up to you and your family's tastes.
Yes, it seems to be.
It's a basically a sweet snack made of crunchy cereal, chocolate chips, peanut butter, vanilla, and butter.
It is called muddy buddies, puppy chow, monkey munch and muddy bunch.
Easter Puppy Chow
- 2 large bowls one with lid
- measuring cup or large bowl for melting
- ½ c creamy peanut butter
- ¼ c salted or unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla extract
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 c Easter M & Ms
- In a microwavable bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips together
- Microwave for 1 minute increments until the ingredients have started to melt and are creamy.
- Add in the vanilla extract and stir.
- In a large bowl that has a lid, pour the chocolate mixture over cereal. Cover and shake until thoroughly mixed together.
- Remove the lid and add in the powdered sugar, replace the lid, and shake until the powdered sugar has coated everything.
- Add in the M&Ms and sprinkles of your choice.