Easter Puppy Chow is sweet, crunchy and addictive! This easy to make muddy buddy recipe for Easter is the perfect snack! This is a kid-friendly recipe that is perfect to set out on Easter for your guests to nosh on.
How to Make Easter Puppy Chow
Puppy Chow is also known as muddy buddies. Why you ask, I have no idea. So regardless of what you call them, the bottom line is, they are delicious!
The only problem with making puppy chow is that once you make it, you will want to make it time and time again; especially during the holidays.
I make up a batch whenever the mood strikes. So of course, I have created a Christmas Puppy Chow recipe, a recipe for Patriotic Puppy Chow, a St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Buddy Recipe and a fun Red and Pink Valentine Puppy Chow Recipe.
Why Should I Make This Recipe?
You should totally make this because it’s:
Easy – this recipe using Chex cereal goes together quickly.
Budget-friendly – you probably already have everything you need in the pantry.
Kid-friendly – the kids can totally help you make this.
Expert Tips, Ingredient List and Suggestions for Recipe Success
- Chex cereal – you can use corn or rice. Whichever you prefer.
- Chocolate chips – you can use chocolate wafers or candy melts. It’s totally up to you.
- Peanut butter – crunchy or creamy. Your family’s preference.
Is Puppy Chow a Midwest thing?
Yes, it seems to be.
What is Puppy Chow made of?
It’s a basically a sweet snack made of crunchy cereal, chocolate chips, peanut butter, vanilla, and butter.
Is it Called Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies?
It is called muddy buddies, puppy chow, monkey munch and muddy bunch.
Step by Step Directions
You will find a complete list of the ingredients as well as the directions in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: Add the peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl.
Step 2: Microwave until the ingredients are melted and creamy.
Step 3: Add your vanilla into the mixture and stir throughly.
Step 4: In a large bowl with a lid, add in the cereal and the peanut butter mixture and shake vigorously.
Step 5: Then remove the lid, add in the powdered sugar, and shake until all of the cereal is completely covered.
Step 6: Add in the M & M’s, sprinkles, or anything else you prefer.
Easter Puppy Chow
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c salted or unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla extract
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 c Easter M & Ms
- In a microwavable bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips together
- Microwave for 1 minute increments until the ingredients have started to melt and are creamy.
- Add in the vanilla extract and stir.
- In a large bowl that has a lid, pour the chocolate mixture over cereal. Cover and shake until thoroughly mixed together.
- Remove the lid and add in the powdered sugar, replace the lid, and shake until the powdered sugar has coated everything.
- Add in the M&Ms and sprinkles of your choice.