Our Coconut Flour Cupcakes with Yogurt frosting are full of vanilla flavor, are grain free, have low sugar, and are the perfect cupcake treat! This coconut vanilla cupcake is light, fluffy, delicious….and sugar free. The Greek Yogurt Whip is sweet and fluffy, just like real frosting. But it’s much lighter and gives you the added benefit of added protein, 8% of your daily calcium and 20% of your daily Vitamin D. But – with only 100 calories, 0 fat and just 12 grams of sugar per serving. It’s a tasty cupcake option with less guilt!
How to Make Coconut Flour Cupcakes with Yogurt Frosting
Everyone loves a sweet treat! But with more families moving to a healthier way of eating, you might think you have to miss out. Good News: there’s no reason to completely deprive your family of a delicious cupcake surprise, especially when it’s ready in minutes.
Expert Tips, Ingredient List and Suggestions for Recipe Success
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you probably already have the majority of the ingredients you need in your pantry and fridge.
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder – make sure that it hasn’t expired
- Kosher salt
- Granulated sweetener
- Coconut oil
- Milk – any type
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Greek Yogurt – 4 Yoplait Whips Greek Yogurt
What is Coconut Flour?
Coconut flour is a gluten-free flour that is also naturally grain free that is produced from dried coconut meat. Coconut meat is dried at a low temperature and ground until it produces a soft, fine power which you can use for baking.
Is it Good for You?
Yes, it is. It is rich in fiber and MCTs.
What Does Flour Made from Coconuts Taste Like?
It has a subtle coconut taste but it’s not overpowering.
What Can I Use as a Substitute for Coconut Flour?
Almond flour is a great substitute that you can use.
Where Can I Use Coconut Flour?
Besides in these cupcakes, you can use it in any baking recipe such as brownies, cookies, muffins, and cakes.
Step by Step Directions:
Step 1: Preheat your oven.
Step 2: Prepare the muffin tin and set aside.
Step 3: In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
Step 4: Add in the wet ingredients.
Step 5: Scoop the batter into the muffin tins.
Step 6: Bake.
Step 7: Make the frosting and frosting the cupcakes.
Step 8: Top with a Pizzelle.
Step 9: Enjoy.
Easy Coconut Flour Vanilla Cupcakes with Yogurt “Frosting”
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 Yoplait Whips Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350,
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups or spray the tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix: coconut flour, baking powder, salt and sweetener.
- Then add the following to the dry mixture: eggs, coconut oil, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Place equal scoops of cupcake batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 – 23 minutes.
- Remove and place on rack to cool before adding topping.
- Once cooled, add the yogurt to the top of each cupcake. You can use an icing or butter knife, or you can use a zip top bag.
- Simply fill it with your Yoplait whips of choice, snip the corner off with scissors and squeeze onto the cupcake.
This post was originally posted on July 29, 2015, on Remaking June Cleaver.