Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies with a sweet combination of both chocolate chips and Mint M&M cookies are full of flavor and perfect any day of the year! If you enjoy a chocolate and mint combination, then these Mint Cookies are something you definitely need to make!
How to Make Chewy Mint M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
I have never met a chocolate chip cookie I didn't like so to try to kick things up a bit, I decided to add Mint M&Ms to our cookie mix to create a different take on a normal chocolate chip cookie.
These chewy chocolate chip cookies are easy to make, taste great, and are a great way to satisfy your mint craving any time of the year!
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make These Cookies?
- Chocolate chip cookie mix
- Mint Chocolate M&Ms
Can I Use Mint Chips in Lieu of the Mint M & Ms?
Yes, you can definitely do that. You will still get that lovely refreshing bite of mint and chocolate!
Normally M&Ms Melt into the Cookie and You Lose the Color, How Did you Make the Candies So Bright?
After we pulled the Mint Choc Chip Cookies from the oven, we add more of the M&Ms on top of the cookies and then let the cookies cool.
Could I use Andes Mints Chopped up Instead?
Yep, that would still create a lovely chocolate and mint combination!
Could I Make Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches with These?
That would be simply amazing wouldn't it? Yes, all you have to do is soften up a pint of vanilla ice cream, scoop it out and smooth it on the bottom of one of the cookies, add another cookie to the top of the ice cream.
You will then want to quickly wrap each of the cookie sandwiches in plastic wrap. Freeze 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Once they are firm, you can place them in a large freezer proof airtight container. You could also store them individually wrapped in plastic bags.
Step by Step Ingredients
Below is a quick breakdown of the recipe. To get the full instructions and ingredient list, head down to the bottom of the post to get a free printable recipe card!
- Combine the ingredients.
- Sprinkle in the M&Ms.
- Bake until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Cool and enjoy!
Looking for more St. Patrick's Day Recipes?
Wondering what other recipes you can use chocolate chips in? Our Chocolate Chip Scones are easy to make a great brunch idea! How about in a Holiday Cookie Cake? If you haven't had a cookie cake then you don't know what you are missing! Of course you need everything mint around St. Patrick's Day, right? Our Muddy Buddies are crunchy, flavorful, and a great snack to munch on!
Mint M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- large mixing bowl
- baking sheets
- parchment paper or silicone baking mats
- Package of Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- Ingredients listed on back of the mix
- 1 cup Mint Chocolate M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your baking sheets with foil, parchment paper, or silicone baking mats
- In a large bowl combine the cookie mix, the ingredients needed and mix together stirring everything together.
- Sprinkle in the M&Ms and stir until combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto the prepared baking sheets. You will want to leave 2 to 3" between each cookie.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Once you remove them from the oven, place additional M&Ms if desired onto the cookies.
- Let them cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet then remove to a cookie rack to finish cooling.