A Back to School clothes shopping list is not only a time saver but a money saver too! With this list, you’ll know exactly WHAT you need!
Back to school time is almost here so now’s the perfect time to create a plan to make sure you are on top of your game when shopping for your kids clothing.
Before you head off with the kiddos to go shopping for their back to school clothes, make sure you read our tips and print off our free printable!
RELATED: Homeschool Supply ListCLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR FREE BACK TO SCHOOL CLOTHES SHOPPING LIST
HOW MUCH SHOULD I SPEND ON BACK TO SCHOOL CLOTHES?
According to Inc.com, the average family spends $684.79 per child, per year on back to school clothes.
HOW CAN I SAVE MONEY ON BACK TO SCHOOL CLOTHES?
1. Go through your closets and drawers to see what will still fit and is in very good shape.
2. Make an inventory of what you have and what you need. Our handy BTS Clothes Shopping Printable will work great to keep track of what you need/don’t need.
3. Check out clearance sales. Clearance sales are a great source to find deals that will not only work now but next season. Watch for pieces that you can layer in the Winter and on their own in the Spring/Summer.
4. Shop thrift stores. Don’t be afraid to do this. I have lots of great items for next to nothing. You would be amazed at how many still have the tags on them.
5. Set up a budget. Going back to school shopping can totally blow a budget. If you don’t already have a budget in place, now’s the perfect time to start for next year. Keep all of your receipts, then total them up and divide by 12. Start saving for next year now by putting a set amount away each month in a separate savings account. This way, when it’s time to go back to school shopping next year, you will already have the money.
6. Get paid to shop online. When shopping online, make sure you use apps like Ebates so you can get paid to shop!
How much should I buy?
Since our kids go back in mid-August, it’s way too early to worry about jeans just yet. So for us, our focus is on short sleeve tops, shorts, tennis shoes, dresses, skirts, underwear, socks, and leggings.
We normally start our kids out with:
5 pairs of shorts
3 hoodies/sweatshirts for those cooler mornings
5 pair of shorts
7 pair of socks
7 pair of underwear
Since retailers are focusing now on bringing in the clothes for Fall/Winter, there are lots of great deals to be found.
Make sure to print out a Back to School Clothes Shopping List for each of your children. That way you can take it with you when you go shopping. I printed one off for each of my kids on a 5 x 7 piece of photo paper. That way it’s small enough to fit into my purse, plus convenient to use while in the store. It also works great on regular 8 x 11 paper.
RELATED: Amazon Back to School Shopping
Here are additional Back to School Printables:
Here is our FREE Back to School Clothes Shopping List!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PRINTABLE