A Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie that is full of creamy peanut butter, crunchy cereal, plus has a yummy banana flavor is not only delicious but also is nutritious! And it's also tasty and filing and it's a great breakfast idea. This breakfast smoothie recipe includes your favorite grain cereal to give it the flavor of a childhood favorite, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!
This recipe was originally posted in 2017, however, I updated it on 8/25/2021 with new information.
Wouldn't it be great if we had time to prepare a grand breakfast every morning? Eggs, bacon, maybe even pancakes! Unfortunately, our mornings are typically full of events: double checking homework, sleeping through the alarm, finding a lost shoe. Luckily, you can whip up a tasty, filling Peanut Butter & Banana Cereal Smoothie.
Mom and Dad will love it too - you don't have to be a child to enjoy the fun flavor of this breakfast drink. Make your own serving in the large NutriBullet Select cup. Once complete, you can simply remove the blade and pop on the to-go cover! It fits right in your car cup holder for sipping on your way to work or running errands.
This breakfast smoothie recipe includes your favorite grain cereal to give it the flavor of a childhood favorite, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!
- Cheerios - you can use any of your favorites like flakes, crunch, and more.
- Milk or Almond Milk
- Grain Cereal
- Banana – sliced and frozen
- Peanut Butter - crunchy or creamy is fine
- peanut butter
The key is adding your liquid first. Then put your fruit, veggies, and other ingredients and then top with ice or frozen fruit. Put on the lid, then mix.
Slowly add in a small amount of water or milk. Blend 10 - 20 seconds. If the smoothie still isn't thin enough, continue the process until you reach the consistency you are looking for.
PEANUT BUTTER and BANANA CEREAL SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup Milk or Almond Milk
- 1 cup Grain Cereal
- 1 Banana - sliced and frozen
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey optional
- Pour milk into a blender
- Add remaining ingredients into the blender
- Combine for 60 seconds on "Blend" mode
- Pour into separate chilled glasses or your favorite tumbler to take on the go
- Optional: Garnish smoothie with crushed cereal, sliced banana, and/or honey drizzle