Our American Flag Craft, made out of paper plates, is a fun, easy, and budget friendly DIY Patriotic craft that you can do with your kids!
CRAFTING TOGETHER WITH YOUR KIDS IS NOT ONLY A GREAT WAY TO MAKE MEMORIES, BUT IT’S ALSO HELPING THEM DEVELOP DIFFERENT MOTOR SKILLS.
This Paper Plate USA Flag DIY craft is kid-friendly since it doesn’t require any use of hot glue or complicated machines.
Before you get started on this flag activity, here are a few helpful tips and resources.
WHAT SUPPLIES WILL I NEED TO MAKE THIS AMERICAN FLAG CRAFT?
Paper plate, red yard, white yarn, blue paper, white paper, glue stick, scissors, star hole punch and a circle hole punch.
WHAT OTHER THINGS CAN I MAKE OUT OF A PAPER PLATE?
Count down wheel
and so much more!
Looking for a tasty snack to make with the kids while working on this patriotic craft? Our American Flag Snack, made out of graham crackers, is so good and it’s really easy to make! Plus it is a kid-friendly recipe! Another yummy recipe to make, that will require parent assistance, but is so worth it, is our Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundaes! These individual bites of warm and gooey goodness are simply perfect!
Ready to craft and make this American Flag Craft ?
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “momskoop20e-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “Shop This Post”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “7e3586908241ce8138a2d0ce49be131a”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B079P9VJMK,B079PBF9M5,B01CRZV5Y0,B0090JVGFU”;
American Flag Craft for Kids - Easy Paper Plate Craft DIY
- 1 paper plate
- 2 yards 6 feet red yarn
- 2 yards 6 feet white yarn
- Blue paper
- White paper
- Glue stick
- Star hole punch
- Circle hole punch
- On each side of a paper plate, punch thirteen holes (for 26 holes total).
- Lace the white yarn through the top row and then every other row so that the first and last rows are red. Tie off the ends.
- Lace the red yarn through the remaining holes. Tie off the ends.
- Punch 50 stars from the white paper. Glue the stars on blue paper in a rectangle shape in rows of 6, 5, repeat these steps five more times.
- Cut out the blue field and attach to the yarn with glue.
- Allow to dry before playing or displaying.