Our Apple Cinnamon Apple Pancakes are semi-homemade, savory, and full of soft and warm apples that are infused with cinnamon.
There is nothing better than pancakes on a lazy weekend morning. There is just something about the combination that makes the week start off right.
WHAT TYPE OF APPLES SHOULD I USE TO MAKE A WARM APPLE TOPPING?
Normally I use a variety of red and tart. I usually use 1 granny smith for every two red apples.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THE LEFTOVER WARM CINNAMON APPLE TOPPING?
If you have any left, use it to top ice cream or add it to your morning bowl of oatmeal. I use it to top my oatmeal and it is out of this world!
DO YOU NEED TO PEEL COOKING APPLES?
Preferably yes. There is nothing worse than biting into a warm bite of apple and getting pieces of skin. Some people prefer it. My family isn't fond of it. Granted, you will lose the nutritional value though when you remove the peel.
Store-bought pancake mix or your own homemade, apples, butter, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
Below is a quick synopsis of the recipe. To get a full breakdown of the recipe and ingredients, refer to the printable recipe card below.
- Prepare the apple topping
- Fix the pancakes
- Add the topping and serve.
How to Make Warm and Delicious Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Homemade pancake mix or store-bought
- 2 red apples
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 T cinnamon
- Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the griddle and preheat the skillet to medium heat.
- Wash, dry peel, and diced the apples.
- In the cast iron skillet, add in the apples, butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Mix the ingredients together and cook the apple mixture for approximately 10 minutes or until the apples are to your desired softness.
- Prepare the pancake mix according to the box or recipe. Make the pancakes and when they are ready remove them from the griddle.
- Stack the pancakes onto a plate, top with the warm apple topping and then slowly drizzle with maple syrup and serve!
- Sit down, relax, and enjoy!