Easy Super Moist Banana Apple Muffins are delicious, moist, perfect day or night and better yet, a great way to use up ripe fruit! Looking for a fast, easy, delicious addition to breakfast or snack time? You’re going to fall in love with these Easy Super Moist Muffins.
APPLE BANANA MUFFINS
My family loves bananas. But, no matter, there are still a few left over that brown too quickly. What is the best thing to do with brown, overly ripe bananas? Banana apple muffins, of course!
This easy and yummy apple and banana muffin recipe is very easy to put together!
The thing I love the most about this recipe is that you don’t need to use your mixer – at all. You will still need your food processor for chopping your apples. But, if you prefer a more ‘chunky’ muffin you can always dice the apples by hand and keep your appliances in the cabinet.
This recipe takes only 15 – 20 minutes to prepare – including set up. It’s super fast, extremely easy and the results are amazing!
You are going to be amazed at how moist these banana apple muffins are.
Normally I like to eat one muffin fresh out of the oven. But, these were so soft and chewy that I had to wait for them too cool a bit. It was definitely worth it. If you use a food processor to fine chop your apples then they just melt into the muffin.
Here are a few tips before you start making the muffins:
Do you have to use a food processor to dice up the apples?
No, not at all. Just peel them and diced them with a knife. That is how I prepared our muffins.
Can you use applesauce in lieu of apples?
You can, however, you may want to add a bit more flour if the recipe is too runny.
Could you add walnuts to the recipe?
Sure, you could definitely do that.
How can you make these Apple Banana Muffins more healthy?
Instead of the sugar, you could use a bakeable artificial sweetener.
This post was originally posted on March 26, 2017.
MORE MUFFIN RECIPES
Easy Super Moist Banana Apple Muffins
- 2 Ripe bananas smashed
- 1 medium apple peeled, finely chopped
- 1/3 c melted butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add the paper liners into the muffin tins or spray with a non-stick baking spray
- In a large bowl, use a fork to mash up the bananas then pour the melted butter into the bananas.
- Add in the sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Slowly incorporate the flour into the mixture and stir until blended
- Using a food processor (or by hand) fine chop the apples
- Stir apples into the mixture
- Pour the muffin mixture into the tins, filling each paper baking cup about 2/3's of the way up.
- Bakes 25 - 30 minutes
- Cool on rack before storing.