Mini Apple Pies
Post contains Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our disclosure policy for more information.
These Mini Apple Pies are bursting with tender apples that are coated in cinnamon, sugar, and butter and baked to perfection in a mini pie pan! If you are craving an Apple Pie but don’t want a whole pie to yourself, then these mini pies are what you need! These little pies are great for any time of the year!
Mini Apple Pies
I don’t know about you, but there is just something about a slice of warm apple pie topped with vanilla ice cream that just makes life better!
If any type of apple dessert is your jam, here are a few other recipes that I think you’ll enjoy such as my Mini Apple Pie Bites, these savory Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, and this sweet and tart Apple Cranberry Bread.
Why Should I Make This Recipe
You should totally make this mini pie recipe because it’s:
Easy to make – you already have many of the ingredients in your pantry.
Delicious – I mean, it’s apple pie!
It’s All-American food, need I say more?
Ingredient List and Suggestions
You will find a complete breakdown of all of the ingredients needed to make this recipe in the printable recipe card below:
Pie crust – you can make your own or you can use store-bought. This is totally up to you.
Unsalted butter – make sure this is unsalted. That way you can control the butter.
Flour – make sure you use the scoop with a spoon and level with a knife method.
How to Make Mini Apple Pies
This is a simple breakdown of the recipe along with photos detailing the process. At the bottom of the post, there is a recipe card that you can print off that has the full recipe and ingredient list.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 8 x 8 pan and set it aside.
*Go ahead and lay that out now so it can come to room temperature.
Prepare the apples.
Combine the dry ingredients.
Top the apples and bake.
Prepare the crust.
Place the prepared crust into each mini pie plate.
Bake aand enjoy the delicious smells!
FAQ About the Recipe
Granny Smith are the best ones to use as they are tart and crisp. The tartness works well with the additional ingredients.
Personally, I believe so. That way each and every bite of your warm apple pie is soft and full of flavor. I realize you lose the nutritional value of the peel, however, I think it’s worth it!
I do. Because this way your filling is full cooked and always perfect!
The Best Mini Apple Pies from Scratch
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- Pie Crust either your favorite homemade recipe OR you can use a frozen one like I did. It works great.
- This is a simple breakdown of the recipe along with photos detailing the process. At the bottom of the post, there is a recipe card that you can print off that has the full recipe and ingredient list.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 8 x 8 pan and set it aside.
- *If you are using a store bought pie crust, go ahead and lay that out now so it can come to room temperature.
- Wash and dry the apples. Peel them and then dice the apples into small chunks.
- In a separate small bowl add the sugar, cinnamon and flour and mix together.
- Then work the softened butter into the sugar mixture.
- Spread that mixture onto the apples and bake for 40 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- While the apples are baking, you can prep the crust.
- Whether you are using a homemade pie crust or one you got at the store, using a rolling pin, roll the pie crust out to 10 inches.
- Then lightly flour the pie top cutter and press the side with the apples onto the dough. Gently pull up the cutter and then remove the apples.
- Re-roll the dough and cut the pastry into four sections. Then use the mini pie pan and place it upside down and cut a circle around the pan.
- Place the circle into the pie pan and form the top of the crust.
- Place the cutout apples onto a separate baking sheet and give them a light egg wash.
- *To make the egg wash, whisk one egg in a small bowl with one teaspoon of water.
- Once the apples are done, place a tablespoon or two of the baked apples into the mini pie plates. Place the pans as well as the baking sheet with the apple cutouts into the oven for 20 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, pull out the pies and the apples to make sure they are down. If it’s not done, continue to check at 5 minute increments until the crust is browned.
- Once they are done, pull everything from the oven.
- Let the pies cool for approximately 5/10 minutes and then top with vanilla ice cream and add one of the apple cutouts to the top.