Caramel Banana Muffins full of bananas, pecans, cream cheese, and topped with caramel are moist, flavorful, and oh so good!
There is just something about caramel drizzled over the top of warm muffins that make the day better.
Muffins are honestly great for breakfast, dinner, or even a late night snack! We have some great muffin recipes on our blog that you might want to check out! Our muffins full of apples are a tasty treat. If you are looking for more of a savory muffin, our Sweet Potato muffins may be just what you are looking for.
If caramel is your guilty pleasure, then our salted caramel bites may satisfy your desire.
Before you start making this recipe, here are a few helpful resources for you!
WHAT INGREDIENS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE THESE CARAMEL BANANA MUFFINS WITH NUTS?
Pecans, butter, vanilla, salt, sugar, flour, caramel, cinnamon, eggs, baking powder, bananas, cream cheese, and baking soda.
Don’t let this long ingredient list deter you. These are basic staples that are in many different recipes and usually you will have the majority of these in your pantry.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MUFFINS AND CUPCAKES?
Cupcakes are frosted and muffins usually have either no topping or they have a tasty streusel on top.
Once baked, muffins should have a larger top (think of a mushroom shape). Cupcakes have a top that’s the same size as the body of the cupcake.
ARE MUFFINS BREAD OR CAKE?
Even though they are both baked items, muffins are a form of bread. Cakes are usually sweeter.
WHY ARE MY MUFFINS SO DENSE?
Muffins are normally moist, however, if you are making a muffin that shouldn’t be dense, there are a couple of different reasons for it. You have either used too much liquid or too much baking soda or powder in the batter.
I found this recipe in an older version of Midwest Living Magazine. I decided to change it up a bit to fit my family’s taste. If you want to see the original recipe inspiration, you can find it here.
Ready to make these yummy Caramel Banana Muffins?
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 3 oz package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- One banana, peeled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons caramel-flavored ice cream topping
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Next prepare your muffin tin with either paper liners, silicone liners, or spray each tin with cooking spray.
- Then in a small mixing bowl, add in the pecans, sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese, butter and sugar and mix together until creamed together. Then incorporate the egg and mix that in well. Add in the vanilla and banana until the mixture is thoroughly mixed together.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add all of that into a sifter and then add the shifted mix into the banana mixture.
- *ONLY BEAT ON LOW SPEED UNTIL THE FLOUR IS THROUGHLY MIXED IN.
- In the large mixing bowl, add in 1/4 cup of the pecan mixture. Then spoon in 2 tablespoons into each of the muffin cups. Then drizzle 1 teaspoon of the ice cream caramel topping over the batter then use a toothpick to swirl the caramel into the batter then TOP each muffin cup with the remaining batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining pecan mixture over the top of each muffin and put in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes then check if they are done by inserting a toothpick into the center of one of the muffins. If the toothpick comes out clean, they are done, if batter still comes out on the toothpick, put the muffins back into the oven at 3 minute intervals. Repeat the process to see if they are done.
- When they are finished baking, place the muffin pan onto a wire rack for five minutes. Then remove the muffins from the pan.
- Serve the muffins warm and top with additional caramel or pecans if you'd like.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g