Zucchini Banana Muffins are moist and full of cinnamon, banana, and cream cheese! These muffins are a great way to get the kids to eat zucchini! The great thing about these muffins is that you can't taste the zucchini. It's a wonderful way to get the kids to eat more vegetables without them knowing they are eating them!
This post was originally posted on Kiddies Corner Deals on August 26, 2011. We bought the site and brought it over to Momskoop on June 12, 2019. We have updated the post on 8/25/2021.
How to Make Zucchini Banana Muffins From Scratch
These muffins are moist and oh so good! The combination of zucchini and bananas really make a great combination!
These tasty and flavorful muffins are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a quick snack on the go.
Another great thing about this recipe is the fact it’s a great way to use up that zucchini that is growing in your garden! Some of our other favorite Zucchini recipes is this tasty pasta recipe as well as this lovely cake recipe.
Once your family bites into these luscious muffins and taste the cream cheese they won’t even notice the zucchini!
Before you make this recipe, make sure to check out these tips.
Expert Tips, Ingredient List and Suggestions for Recipe Success
- Baking powder - make sure to use baking powder that hasn't expired and that has been stored properly.
- Cream cheese - regular or light is fine.
- All-purpose flour - make sure to use the scoop with a spoon and level with a knife method.
- You will definitely need to blot off the excessive water with a paper towel AFTER you grate your zucchini.
- Do NOT over mix the ingredients. This is a crucial tip to remember.
- These taste AMAZING warmed up!
How Do I Pick The Best Zucchini?
Your goal will be to find a small one that is only about 7 inches in length and is more of a thinner size then a large one. It should feel heavy and it should be a dark green color, free of blemishes and smooth.
Do I Need to Peel It?
No, you do not. The skin will soften up when the muffins are baking.
Do You Take The Seeds Out?
Yes, for baking, you will need to scrape out the seeds and then grate it.
How Long Can You Keep A Zucchini After It's Picked?
Usually one to two weeks. The key though will be to keep it in a cool, dry place for storage.
Step by Step Directions
Here is a basic breakdown to make these muffins. To get the full instructions and ingredients, scroll down to the bottom of the page to get a free printable recipe card.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Step 2: In a small bowl mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
Step 3: In another bowl combine beaten eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla, beat for 3 minutes.
Step 4: Mash the bananas in another bowl and then add that along with the zucchini and banana to the wet mixture. Add dry ingredients. Mix until moistened.
Step 5: Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with butter flavored cooking spray. Add ¼ cup mix to all 12 muffin cups.
Step 6: Cut 3 tablespoons of cream cheese into 12 pieces, add to the top of the mix. Top with remaining batter(¼cup).
Step 7: Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes and remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
Zucchini Banana Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- 3 ripe bananas-mashed
- 2 eggs well beaten
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoon cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
- In another bowl combine beaten eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla, beat for 3 minutes.
- Mash the bananas in another bowl and then add that along with the zucchini and banana to the wet mixture. Add dry ingredients. Mix until moistened.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with butter flavored cooking spray. Add ¼ cup mix to all 12 muffin cups.
- Cut 3 tablespoons of cream cheese into 12 pieces, add to the top of the mix. Top with remaining batter(¼cup).
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes and remove to wire racks to finish cooling.