Our Creamy Corn Casserole is a creamy, cheesy, and easy side dish that only takes five minutes to prep! And it's perfect for the holidays!
Sure, everybody knows that Thanksgiving dinner revolves around the turkey and stuffing, however, the side dishes that go along with the meal are equally important!
Cheesy Corn Casserole
One of the reasons I love this casserole is that it's a timeless classic! I can remember this comforting side dish being served during all of the holidays when I was growing up.
If you are craving a warm bowl of this creamed corn casserole, it's honestly perfect anytime of the year! If Fall is on your mind, then make sure to check out this yummy collection of hearty soup recipes! Or if planning the dessert menu for your holiday gatherings is on your to do list, then you definitely need to check out our Pumpkin desserts!
If you are looking for some fun Fall décor, then you need to head over to Hobby Lobby. I found these Buffalo Check pieces there.
Before you get started on this recipe, here are a few simple suggestions and tips.
How Do You Make This from Scratch?
In three simple steps listed in the recipe card below! It will take you five minutes to put together!
Substitutions & Variations
- If you are looking for a substitute for creamed corn, you can either use fresh or frozen corn. All you need to do is put it into your food processor and pulsate it a few times. Then add in ½ cup of milk plus 1 teaspoon of cornstarch to thicken it.
- Using Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix is a real time saver. Plus pick up a few extra boxes so you have them on hand for cornbread, cornbread salad, or cornbread muffins.
- You can use either salted butter or unsalted butter. It's totally up to you.
- For the sour cream, you can use regular or lite. It's not going to change the recipe.
- And of course, you will need corn and creamed corn.
Is Cream Style Corn the Same Thing?
Yes, it's the same thing.
Looking for other yummy side dish recipes that work for any time of the year?
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Step by Step Instructions
Ready to make this traditional holiday side dish that is full of yummy corn flavor? Below are pictures of the steps involved in making this recipe. The full directions are below in the printable recipe card.
A Tasty and Simple to Make Cheesy Corn Casserole
- 9 x 13" baking dish
- large mixing bowl
- 1 15 oz can of sweet whole kernel corn drained
- 1 15 oz can sweet cream style golden corn
- 2 8 oz box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. If you are using a cast iron skillet, put the skillet into the oven and let it heat up with the oven.
- Next either spray or grease either a 8 x 8 casserole dish or a 9 x 13 inch dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together both cans of corn, the muffin mix, melted butter, half of the cheese and the sour cream. Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Once the oven is ready to go, pour the mixture into the prepared skillet or casserole dish.
- Bake for approximate 45 minutes then pull the corn casserole out of the oven. Insert a toothpick into the center of the casserole to see if it comes out with moist crumbs attached to it. If it's not cooked to that point, place it back into the oven and check at five minute intervals.
- Once the casserole is done, set the oven to low broil and add the remaining cheese to the top. Place the dish back into the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and gooey.