Our Garlic Flatbread Recipe is an easy flatbread recipe that is full of robust garlic flavor and cheese! This is a simple recipe that goes together quickly. One of my favorite things about making flatbread is that there is no limit to the amount of different toppings you can enjoy it with AND it works great for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Sometimes meals should be just a variety of appetizers and served up on trays with a variety of different textures and flavors.
In the Summer, we like to eat outside on the deck as much as possible so recipes that I can carry out on trays are perfect.
If you enjoy eating appetizers as we do, here are a few of our favorites that would be perfect to nosh on during those long days of Summer. One of my family's favorite light recipes is my Pico. You can nosh on this fresh bowl of goodness with chips or flatbread. Another favorite our my Charcuterie Boards. These boards are a great way to enjoy a delicious variety of foods for dinner without making a heavy meal. Of course for an appetizer, you can't forget Crab Rangoon!
Why Should You Make This Recipe?
I think one of my favorite parts about this flatbread is it's:
Versatile - you can eat it along with a main course or you can eat it is.
Tasty - you can adjust it to your family's taste.
Easy - this is such an easy recipe!
What You'll Need
You will find a complete list of everything you need plus the instructions on the printable recipe card below.
Ingredients List and Suggestions
Dough - you can use homemade or store-bought dough or pizza crust.
Cheese - you can use your favorite blend of Italian cheeses!
How to Make This Garlic Flatbread
Step 1: Prepare the crust.
Step: 2: Add your favorite toppings.
Step 3: Cook to a golden brown either in the oven or on the grill.
Step 4: Enjoy!
FAQ About This Recipe
How to Create a Fun Serving Tray
Check out clearance sections in the stores, thrift sales. estate sales, garage sales, and your local marketplace ads for unique trays and glasses. Another great source of finding unique pieces are at your parents and grandparents homes! Sometimes they might have pieces they have stored away that wouldn't mind passing on to someone else to enjoy!
How Do You Eat Flatbread?
You can eat it totally plain, you can make it into pizza by adding sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings. Hummus and flatbread go together nicely (which I highly recommend). You can also enjoy it at breakfast. Just add your eggs, meats and cheese to the top.
Jalapeno Peach Salsa
Easy Garlic Flatbread Recipe
- 2-3 tablespoons of minced garlic
- ½ to 1 cup of your favorite finely grated Italian cheese we used Pecorino cheese
- Drizzle of olive or avocado oil
- Sprinkle of quality salt
- Premade Crust or Homemade dough or Pizza dough
- Preheat the oven to 425. If you are using a grill, preheat it to medium high.
- While you are waiting on the oven to preheat, spread the garlic across your crust in an even layer, I find my hand works best to spread it.
- Then sprinkle the cheese on top and drizzle on some olive oil then dust with salt.
- If you cooked this on the grill, cook for about 5 minutes or according to the package instructions on your premade crust.
- If you put the bread into the oven, cook for approximately 10 to 14 minutes until it's bubbly and golden brown.