Easy Hot Italian Subs
Post contains Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our disclosure policy for more information.
Our Hot Italian Sub sandwich is prepared with ham, salami and pepperoni, provolone cheese and oven-baked to perfection, making it a great option for parties.
If you are looking for more tasty sandwich inspiration, make sure you check out our post on 10 Gourmet Sandwiches! Are soups a part of your game day recipe plan? Then our Firehouse Chili will definitely hit the spot.
Have guests coming that prefer the taste of White Chicken Chili? We’ve got you covered! If you are looking to kick your appetizers up a notch, then our Jalapeno Popper Cheese Dip will be sure to please!
You will find a complete list of the ingredients needed to make this recipe in the printable card below, however, here are a few key tips and suggestions to make this recipe a success.
- Banana peppers
- Sub buns
The complete directions are at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
- Mayo – you can use either mayo or mayonnaise. And you can use regular or light. It’s totally up to you.
- Cheese – if your family prefers Swiss instead of provolone, that is fine, and you can change that up as well.
- Meats – you if aren’t a fan of the meats that are mentioned, you can totally change it around.
- Cold – you can serve this cold if you’d like. These are perfect to take on picnics or to the beach.
Cover the baking dish with foil so everything stays nice and warm in the oven and so that the sides don’t get too brown.
These sub style sandwiches are called by a variety of names such as Hoagies, Grinders, Po’Boys, Dagwoods, Torpedos, Heros, Submarines, or Italian Sandwiches.
No. You can forego the heating in the oven. Just enjoy it cold. It’s still a terrific sub sandwich.
Yes, you can prep them a few hours before you need them. Just put them into the fridge after you make them and then before you are ready to serve them, pop them in the oven.
Easy Hot Italian Subs
- cutting board
- casserole dish
- Small bowl
- 8 count Mini Sub Buns
- 9 ounces Sliced ham
- 9 ounces Sliced salami
- 1 package Sliced pepperoni
- Ultra-Thin Provolone Cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Red onion sliced thin in rings
- 3 Tomatoes sliced thin
- 1 jar Mild Pepper Rings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix the Italian seasoning into the mayonnaise.
- Prep the onions, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Generously spread some of the mayo mixture onto the bottom slice of the hoagie bun and then layer on about 3 tomato slices, 3 pieces of onion, and some lettuce.
- Next, layer on the delicious meats! For our subs, I added 2 slices of ham, salami and a few pepperonis.
- Of course no Italian Sub is complete without cheese! I folded 2 pieces of provolone cheese in half and put those on top of the meats. To finish off this yummy sandwich, I added a few pepper rings as well.
- Once the sandwiches were assembled, I put 4 subs in each baking dish with the openings facing up and pressed tightly against each other.
- Put in the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the buns are lightly toasted.
- Serve these mouth watering Hot Italian Subs right away!
I never sit and think of easy meals to make and end up cooking for hours unable to watch the game, thank you for this recipe!!