This refreshing Fruity Red Sangria is the prefect cold drink to enjoy on a hot Summer day when fresh fruit is at it's peak. Of course, there is really no bad time for a pitcher of Sangria. Once you make this simple Sangria, whether it's you make the non-alcoholic version or the alcoholic one, you will definitely want to make it again!
How to Make Fruity Red Sangria
This flavorful Red Wine Sangria combines all of the wonderful flavors of Summer that you are craving. If sweet strawberries are your favorite Summertime snack, then make sure to check out this sweet Summer treat over at Ever After in the Woods. Another one of our families favorite sweet desserts is our Strawberry Watermelon Cupcakes!
Now if lemonade is more of your favorite drink during those long days of Summer, then make sure to bookmark our Elderflower Lemonade recipe.
Why Make This Recipe
You need to make this because it's:
Refreshing - it's cool, bubbly, and fruity.
Easy - this goes together in no time.
Gets better the longer it sets - this is one of those recipes that works better if you make it one to two hours before you plan on drinking it. However, don't make any longer past that.
Expert Tips, Ingredient List and Suggestions for Recipe Success
Fruit - you can use whatever fruit is in season or whatever fruit your family prefers. It's really up to you. As far as slices or dicing your fruit, that is also up to your family preference.
Red Wine - you can also use white wine. There again, this is up to what you prefer.
7up - you can use Sprite or whatever other lemon-lime soda you have on hand.
What is a good fruity red wine for Sangria?
Pinot Noir is the best. However, any good red wine or red grape wine will work. It's totally up to you. I decided to use a wine we had received as a gift from someone to make ours. It really doesn't matter.
What kind of fruit do you use?
Any type of berry. Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. Of course, oranges, limes, and lemons work fantastic too! You will need to add some type of carbonated beverage as well too.
Do you eat the fruit?
YES! It's very good! You can have forks available for your guests so they can neatly dig out the fruit.
Can you make it non-alcoholic?
Yes, just substitute the wine with a red sparkling grape juice. It's works fantastic! That way the kids or adults that prefer mocktails can enjoy the fruit beverage as well.
Is it good for you?
If you are using red wine, real fruit, and the juice from the fruit, yes. Studies are showing that drinking red wine in moderation is good for you. However, when you add in sugar, pop, and other things, that will take away from the nutritional value of the drink.
Step by Step Directions
Step 1: Wash and dry the fruit.
Step 2: Dice or slice the fruit.
Step 3: If you want to you can peel the fruit, again, this is up to you.
Step 4: Fill the pitcher halfway with ice.
Step 5: Add in soda, then the fruit, then the wine.
Step 6: Stir.
Step 7: Serve immediately or enjoy.
Refreshing Fruity Red Sangria
- 1 bottle red wine
- 2 8 oz cans lemon-lime soda
- 1 large lemon sliced or diced
- 1 large lime sliced or diced
- fresh raspberries sliced
- fresh strawberries sliced or diced
- ice cubes
- 1 mandarin orange sliced or diced
- Wash and dry your fruit.
- Prepping your strawberries: using your hauler or knife, remove the stem and slice or dice the strawberries.
- For the raspberries: slice them in half.
- Next up the citrus: depending on if you are leaving the peel on, either remove the peel and then slice or dice the citrus.
- Add the ice into the pitcher.
- Slowly add the soda, ginger ale or club soda into the pitcher.
- Add the fruit and citrus into the pitcher.
- Then add the wine or the sparkling grape juice into the pitcher.
- Stir and either serve immediately or refrigerate for up to two hours.
- Garnish with a fresh orange slice, lemon slice, or a slice of lemon.