Our Instant Pot Pot Roast and Potatoes recipe is simple and full of savory meat and tender vegetables that are perfectly seasoned.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT POT ROAST AND POTATOES
I love creating recipes that are not only easy to make but are so yummy.
That’s one of the reasons I love using an Instant Pot . There are so many different recipes that you can make with it. If you are looking for other scrumptious recipes that you can make in your Instant Pot, then make sure to check out our creamy Butternut Squash Soup. If you enjoy Pork Carnitas Bowls, then this pork recipe is one you definitely need to check out.
Before you get started making this recipe, here are a few helpful suggestions and hints.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK A ROAST IN AN INSTANT POT?
It takes approximately 60 to 80 minutes.
CAN YOU COOK FROZEN MEAT IN AN INSTANT POT?
Yes, you can. Since pressure cooking cooks meat quicker than in a slow cooker, it’s safe to do.
WHY IS MY INSTANT POT ROAST TOUGH?
Usually if it’s still tough it’s because it still needs time to cook.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS TASTY INSTANT POT POT ROAST AND POTATOES?
HOW TO MAKE POT ROAST AND POTATOES IN AN INSTANT POT
Below is a quick breakdown on how to make this beef recipe. To get the full list of ingredients and directions, check out the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Sear the Roast
Prepare the Instant Pot and deglaze
Let pressure release
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 1 T. cocoa powder, unsweetened 8 oz. thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1½ t. garlic powder
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 lbs. multi-colored fingerling potatoes, halved
- 1 lbs. green beans, trimmed
- 3 T. fresh parsley leaves, chopped (optional)
1. Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot® inner cooking pot and select the “Sauté’ function. Use the “Adjust” button to select the “More” (high) setting.
2. Once hot, add the roast and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Sear the roast on all sides, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Remove roast from Instant Pot® and transfer to a platter. Set aside.
3. Deglaze Instant Pot® inner pot by adding the beef broth and gently scraping the bottom with a rubber spatula to release the brown bits. Add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, cocoa powder, and garlic powder, and stir to combine. Push the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button to turn off the Sauté function.
4. Return the roast to the Instant Pot® and add the lid. Lock the lid into place and set the vent to “Sealing.” Select the “Manual” button and adjust to the “High” setting, if necessary. Set cook time to 60 minutes.
5. When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before doing a quick release on any remaining pressure. Add onion, carrots, potatoes, and green beans on top of the roast.
6. Cover and lock the lid into place. Set the vent to “Sealing” and push the “Manual” button (should still be on “High.”) Adjust cook time to 3 minutes.
7. When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes before doing a quick release on any remaining pressure.
8. Carefully remove lid and transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter. Serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley leaves, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 791mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 20g