Raise your hand if you love breakfast muffins! I’m raising mine, for sure. Know what I don’t love? Carb-heavy bread – especially first thing in the morning. If you’re trying to control your carb cravings, these Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins are a perfect carb swap for maintaining your healthy lifestyle.
Feeding your family can be time consuming on the best of days, and absolutely hectic on the worst of days. If you’re trying to make healthier meals your task gets even more complicated…right? Wrong. Thanks to 100% all vegetable frozen varieties from Green Giant, the steps to a health-friendly meal just got easier.
These new veggie varieties are perfect for: low-carb options, meals in under 30 minutes, and getting picky eaters to accept more healthy vegetables into their diet.
Green Giant’s cauliflower medleys are so easy because they’re pre-riced (no more fussing with the food processor) and you can steam them right in the bag. Less mess for mom and dad! Not only does cauliflower help cut out extra carbs, it’s also rich in essential nutrients like Potassium and Vitamin C.
The special touch to these Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins is the delicious smoked cheddar. It carries the delicious flavor of bacon in every bite. No smoked cheddar at home? Don’t worry – you can substitute any of your favorite hard cheeses.
I love having one of these Cauliflower and Sweet Potato breakfast muffins with my morning tea or coffee. Just one curbs hunger and gets me ready for the day – without an afternoon carb crash.
CAULIFLOWER and SWEET POTATO BREAKFAST MUFFINS
Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins
A healthier, tasty alternative for breakfast.
- 1 bag Green Giant Riced Cauliflower and Sweet Potato
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt or salt substitute
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Place cupcake liners in muffin pan
- Steam Green Giant cauliflower & sweet potato bag in microwave according to bag instructions. Let sit until room temperature.
- Combine: Cauliflower mix with eggs, 1/2 of cheese, and all dry ingredients.
- Hand beat with a wooden spoon or spatula until blended (mixture should resemble a rough, chunky dough)
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon – divide into 8 muffin cups
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top of muffins
- Bake at 375° F for 20 – 25 minutes – until cheese is light brown and muffin is firm to the touch
- Can be eaten warm or allowed to cool
- 17g carbs / 15g net carbs
- 145 calories
- 6g fat
- 8g protein
You can substitute regular cheddar (or any other favorite hard cheese) in place of smoked cheddar.