Post contains Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our disclosure policy for more information.
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods are a kid-friendly treat that are sweet thanks to the chocolate and salty due to the pretzels. These dipped Pretzel Rods are really the perfect holiday snack. They are easy to make and make great gifts too!
Christmas Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
One of the best things about dipping pretzel rods in chocolate is that you can make them for every holiday!
The holidays are all about enjoying delicious food and desserts. Holiday desserts are always a must! I have a few recipe ideas for you to make with your kids. Like my Easy Fudge or my Reindeer Chow. Of course, if you are craving something crunchy, my candied peanuts will be perfect!
How Long do These Stay Fresh?
Normally they last 2 to 3 weeks if stored in an air-tight container.
What is the Best Way to Melt Chocolate for Dipping?
You can either microwave it in a microwave-safe bowl at 30 second increments or you can melt the chocolate over a double broiler on your stove.
What is the Best Chocolate to Use When Melting Chocolate?
I think the best is either Ghirardelli Chocolate Wafers or chocolate chips.
How to Dip Pretzels in Chocolate?
You can either just dip the pretzel into the melted chocolate in the large bowl you melted it in, or you can pour the melted chocolate into a large glass and dip the pretzels into the glass.
Expert Tips, Ingredient List and Suggestions for Recipe Success
- Pretzel rods - the salty component of this recipe. You can use any type or shape.
- Milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips - is there anything any better? If these aren't available then you can use candy wafers.
- Christmas tree and lights sprinkle mix - if these particular mix isn't available, any type of Christmas sprinkles will do.
Step by Step Directions
Step 1: Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Melt the chocolate.
Step 3: Dip the pretzels.
MORE PRETZEL RECIPES
Christmas Mickey Mouse Pretzels
Caramel Apple Dip - works great for pretzels too!
Rudolph Snacks with Celery and Peanut Butter
Super Easy Christmas Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- 12 pretzel rods
- 6 oz milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Christmas tree and lights sprinkle mix
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, make a double boiler by finding a pot that a medium sized heat safe bowl will fit inside, however, you don't want the bowl to actually touch the water that you'll be adding into the pot.
- Then add about an inch of so of water into the pot and place the chocolate filled bowl on top.
- Heat on medium/low heat, stirring often, until chocolate is melted. You do not want the water to start boiling. If it does, remove it from the heat and let it cool down.
- Dip pretzel rods into the melted chocolate, using a spatula to help get chocolate all over. Or if you prefer, pour the chocolate into a tall heat safe glass and dip the pretzel rods into the chocolate that way.
- When you’re finished, half of the pretzel rod should be covered in chocolate.
- Lightly tap pretzel rod on the bottom of the bowl to help chocolate appear smooth. If you are using the glass for dipping, then as you are pulling it out of the glass, run the side of the pretzel along the rim of the glass so the excess chocolate goes back into the glass.
- Place the decadent chocolate covered pretzel rod on parchment paper and top with sprinkles.
- Repeat steps 5-7 until you are finished.
- Let the pretzel rods sit for about an hour or so until the chocolate firms up.
- If you are giving these are holiday gifts, place them into cello sleeves and tie them with pretty ribbon.
Leave a Reply