“Not So Scary Monsters” is how my youngest described these fun Cute Halloween Monster Cupcakes. These fun cupcakes go together quickly and will work great for a school Halloween party, an at home party, or for a quick snack before you head out to go trick or treating. These Monster Cupcakes will also work great for a Monster Themed Birthday party.
How to Make Cute Monster Cupcakes
Halloween is right around the corner and it’s time to start thinking about all of the goodies that we need to make.
We won’t be hosting a party this year, however, I still like to whip some yummy food for us to snack on before we head out trick or treating. i don’t like to plan a meal that will take a lot of prep that day so my Shredded Chicken Sandwiches which go together quickly and can be put in the crock pot are always a winner! Our Garlic Flatbread is always a quick side that the whole family loves.
Why This Recipe Works
This recipe totally works because it’s easy, it’s fun to do with the kids, and it’s a great way to get them into the kitchen and introduce them to baking.
Expert Tips, Ingredient List and Suggestions for Recipe Success
Prepared Chocolate Cupcakes, unfrosted (you can make your own from a prepared mix or pick up some from your local store)
Vanilla Frosting – either store-bought or homemade.
Food Coloring – orange, purple, and green.
Step by Step Directions
*This recipe shows six cupcakes. You will have enough supplies to make 24 cupcakes. I would suggest buying an additional tube of frosting.
Step 1: Add the googly eyes to the toothpicks.
Step 2: Make the different shades of frosting.
Step 3: Frost the cupcakes.
Step 4: Add the googly eyes.
Step 5: Add the teeth.
Step 6: Enjoy!
Looking for more Halloween inspiration? Check out these posts below:
Halloween Monster Cupcakes!
- Tacky Glue
- Googly Eyes – multi-colored
- Plastic Vampire Teeth
- Prepared Chocolate Cupcakes unfrosted (you can make your own from a prepared cupcake mix or pick up some from your local store)
- 1 can Vanilla Frosting
- Orange, purple, and green food coloring
- Take 12 toothpicks and glue a googly eye to each one, making sure to glue it on the non-pointy end at the top.
- Divide the frosting into 3 bowls in equal amounts and color each one with the 3 colors.
- Frost 2 cupcakes in each color. You can spread this on or use a plastic bag and a frosting tip and pipe it on.
- Stick 2 of the toothpick googly eyes into each cupcake.
- Cut the vampire teeth in half, and lay one each on the top front of the cupcakes to look like monster teeth.