Post contains Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our disclosure policy for more information.
Introducing Garlic Bread Pizza – an easy and tasty dinner that's sure to become your family's new favorite. Follow this simple recipe for perfectly cooked garlic bread topped with your favorite pizza toppings. Get ready to dig in – this mouthwatering meal won’t last long!
Are you curious about the magical combination of garlic bread and pizza? If you are a true foodie, you know that nothing beats the mouth-watering flavor of garlicky, cheesy goodness. By merging these two all-time favorite comfort foods, you can take your pizza experience to a whole new level.
Garlic bread is a staple side dish for pizza night, but imagine having the perfect balance of crispy bread, savory sauce, and melted cheese in a single bite!
This recipe was inspired by my Ground Beef Pizza on this site and pairs perfectly with this Garlic Flatbread.
For this recipe, you will need:
- For the garlic bread, you can use a store-bought loaf or make your own with a fresh baguette, garlic, butter, and herbs.
- The pizza sauce can be homemade or store-bought, and you can also try using a marinara or tomato sauce.
- The shredded mozzarella can be swapped out for other cheese varieties like cheddar or parmesan.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Lay the bread on the prepared cookie sheet.
Spoon the pizza sauce on top of the bread.
Adding the cheese.
Adding the pepperoni.
Hint: If you want to get your cheese extra golden brown, turn on the broiler for your oven and put it under that for a few minutes. Make sure to watch it carefully as it will burn quickly.
- Any crusty bread like Italian bread, French bread or a baguette will work well in this recipe. If you prefer a gluten-free option, try a gluten-free loaf.
- Use any cheese of your choice such as mozzarella, Italian blends, parmesan or any other type of cheese that you like on your pizza. If you have dietary restrictions, opt for dairy-free cheese.
- You can omit the pepperoni and add your favorite vegetables like mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and olives to make sure Vegetarian friendly. You can also use vegetarian pepperoni.
- Use a gluten-free bread like a gluten-free baguette or Italian bread. Make sure that other ingredients used are also gluten-free.
- For the pepperoni, you can use other meat toppings like sausage or bacon.
- The parsley is optional and can be substituted with other fresh herbs like basil or oregano.
- Spicy - feel free to add some red pepper flakes, banana peppers, or even more garlic.
- Deluxe - add more of your favorite meats, onions, olives, or mushrooms.
- Kid friendly - customize a loaf for your kiddos so they can have their own creations.
Check out my website for a delicious breakfast pizza recipe if you're looking to switch things up for breakfast.
You can't beat a good baking sheet when you are baking in the oven. My new favorites are my Nordic Ware. They aren't in the photos, but I recently updated all of my baking sheets.
If you have any leftovers, place them in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge. It will last 2 to 3 days.
You can freeze it, however, keep it mind the freezer may change the texture of the cheese and bread.
💭 Top tips
Keep an eye on the pizza while it's in the oven. Since all ovens are different, you don't want to burn the bread or overbake the cheese.
Use a good quality loaf of garlic bread or make your own from scratch if you have the time.
Garlic Bread Pizza Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- Pizza Cutter
- 1 large loaf of garlic bread
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or your favorite cheese for pizzas
- Pepperoni slices (minimum of 20_
- parsley optional
- Preheat your oven to 350° degrees.
- Prepare your baking sheet if you prefer by lining it with parchment paper, a silicone mat, or leaving it bare.
- Cut the garlic bread in half and lay it on the cookie sheet.
- Next, spoon on your pizza sauce.
- Add the cheese, the pepperoni, and more cheese if you prefer.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Top with some chopped-up parsley if you want to. If not, serve up and enjoy!
Here are a few food safety tips for this recipe.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
Sandy C. says
I saw this on your instagram page and hustled on over here for the recipe. On the menu for next week, thanks!
fantastic! Let me know how it goes!