Post contains Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our disclosure policy for more information.
These Mickey Mouse Sugar Cookies are easy to make and will be a hit with the Disney fans in your family! These cookies will be great for any occasion!
How to Make Mickey Mouse Sugar CookiesThere is just something about Mickey Mouse that makes any event a pixie dust filled event!
These tasty Mickey-shaped cookies are easy to make and will be a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen! If you have ever wondered how to make homemade sugar cookies, then this recipe is for you!
To make this Mickey Mouse Sugar Cookie recipe, you can either use a store-bought sugar cookie mix or you can make your own from scratch.
If you are looking for a different fun Disney cookie to make, then you definitely have to check out our Disney Cookies that are inspired by Aladdin!
Can I add Flavor to the Batter?
Yes, you can. You can add in a different flavored extract such as Vanilla, peppermint, almond, or citrus. How do you add flavor to sugar cookies?
Where Can I Find the Cookie Cutter?
Amazon has a nice variety of sizes available of Mickey Cookie Cutters.
Step by Step Directions
You fill find the complete directions in the recipe card below. These images are for your reference.
Mickey Mouse Sugar Cookies
- Stand mixer or hand-held mixer
- Cookie sheet
- disposable piping bag fitted with a number 2 tip
- Mickey Mouse head cookie cutter
- Parchment paper
- Squeeze bottle
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour scooped with a spoon and leveled with a knife
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- red and black food coloring
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and egg together until creamy and combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda and set aside.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined and a dough forms
- Once the dough is formed, sprinkle about 3 tablespoons of flour onto a cutting board and place the dough onto the cutting board.
- Sprinkle some flour onto the cookie dough and roll out the dough to about 2 inches thick
- Cut out your cookies and place onto the cookie sheet
- Bake your cookies for about 8-10 minutes
- Let them cool completely
Royal Icing Directions
- Using a standing mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium to high speed until thick and stiff with peaks about 6-7 minutes
- If your icing looks like yellow soup, add another cup of powdered sugar
- Once your icing is made, Scoop some white icing into one piping bag and set aside
- Scoop some icing, about ¾ cup, into a bowl and add black food coloring and mix until combined.
- Scoop black icing into a piping bag
- Using the remaining icing, add in red food coloring and mix until combined. Add in a few more drops of red food coloring to get the shade you want.
- Scoop a small amount into the piping bag and set aside
- Mix in 2-3 tablespoon of water into the remaining red icing and mix until combined
- Pour into the squeeze bottle
- Using the red icing, outline the mickey heads
- Fill in the cookies with the thinned red icing
- Let them dry completely overnight
- Once they have completely dried using the black icing, pipe on the outline of the mask and the eyes
- Using the white icing, fill in the center for the icing with the white icing
- Using the black icing, fill in the mask
- Let completely dry for 3 hours before enjoying!
This post was originally posted on Feb 25, 2018
Leave a Reply