Pink Heart Bath Bombs are one of those special gifts that are not only easy to make they also make great gifts for any occasion!
One of the reasons that I love making bath bombs are because I can add my favorite essential oils to each batch I make. That way I can create either the perfect gift OR a wonderful treat for myself.
RESOURCES TO MAKE OUR BATH BOMB RECIPE:
● Large bowl
● Small jar with lid
● 4-6 heart shaped molds
● Measuring cups
● Measuring spoons
1. Mix the dry ingredients first (Epsom salt, baking soda, cornstarch and citric acid), using the whisk. Mix well to ensure there are no clumps.
2. Pour the wet ingredients (grapeseed oil, water and food coloring (and if you’re using essential oil)) into jar, secure the lid and shake well.
3. Very slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, about a few drops at time, while whisking. If you’re not pouring slowly enough, the mixture will start to fizz and you don’t want that to happen.
4. Once all of the liquid has been poured into the dry mixture, mix very well until the color is consistent.
5. Immediately fill the molds with the mixture, firmly stuffing each side full.
6. Secure both parts of the mold together and let set. I always give it about a day, just to be on the safe side.
7. Carefully release bath bombs from molds and put into an airtight container, or individual cello bags.
Once you make these you will see that making this heart shaped bath bombs is very easy!
How to Make Heart Shaped Pink Bath Bombs
- Large bowl
- Small jar with lid
- 4-6 heart shaped molds
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 ounces Epsom salt
- 4 ounches Baking soda
- 2 ounces Corn starch
- 2 ounces Citric acid
- 1 tablespoon Grapeseed oil
- ½ tablespoon Water
- 1 drop Red food coloring
- Essential oil optional
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the Epsom salt, baking soda, corn starch, and citric acid. Then whisk the dry ingredients together. Mix well to break down any clumps.
- Next, in the small jar with the lid, add the grapeseed oil, water, food coloring, and a few drops of essential oil. Place the lid on and shake well.
- Remove the lid from the jar and slowly incorporate the liquid mixture into the dry. Slowly whisk the ingredients together. Your goal is for the ingredients to NOT start fizzing.
- Once all of the liquid has been added, continue stirring until you have the color consistent throughout all of the dry mixture.
- Next, fill the molds with the mixture. Make sure to stuff each side of the mold completely full.
- Press both sides of the mold together and let them set. It's best to let the molds set for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Once the 24 hours is over, place the bath bombs in an airtight container or in Ziploc bags.