Post contains Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our disclosure policy for more information.
If you are looking for an Easy Summer treat that is full of ripe berries, that is no-bake, and is perfect for Memorial Day and 4th of July, this is one to save! Our easy Red White and Blue Trifle, made with store-bought cake, fresh berries, and topped with cool whip, is delicious, and a perfect dessert to share with your family and friends. If you are looking for a fun Patriotic dessert to take to a get together, this is it!
I think one of my favorite things about Summer is all of the desserts that you can make with fresh berries! Even if you aren't growing any, thanks to the Farmers Markets and your local grocery store, you will be able to find aisles full of fresh and ripe fruit that will work great for this recipe!
If you are looking for additional recipes that use fresh fruit, we have a few other ones that we think your family will love, such as our Strawberry Watermelon Cupcakes, our refreshing mocktail Fruit Sangria, and our Strawberry New York Cheesecake.
Why You Need to Make This Recipe
- Easy - you'll be amazed at how easy this is to make
- Delicious - it's a dessert the whole family will love
- Adaptable - Add more strawberries or blueberries if you prefer!
You will find complete directions and ingredients at the bottom of this post in the printable recipe card. Below are basic steps and in-process photos for your reference.
- Berries - you can use frozen fruit but ripe is better.
- Cool Whip - you can use fat-free, light, or regular. You can also make homemade.
- Pound cake - if you have a favorite homemade recipe, feel free to make that, or you can use store-bought.
At the bottom of the post, you will find complete instructions so you can make this delicious recipe in your own home.
Rinse the blueberries.
Rinse the strawberries and cut off the stems.
Cut the pound cake.
Add the cut pound cake into a bowl.
Start the layering process.
You can store in the fridge for up to three days.
Yes, you can up to a day ahead.
If you don't have a glass trifle bowl, just use glass cups, glass bowls, or any other bowls you have that really help showcase this dessert.
Red White and Blue Trifle
- 16 oz pound cake cut into chunks
- 2 quarts strawberries washed, dried, and cut.
- 2 quarts blueberries rinsed and dried
- 2 - 8 oz Cool Whip
- Rinse the blueberries and let them dry.
- Rinse the strawberries. Dry them. Cut off the stem and cut them into pieces.
- Cut the pound cake into pieces.
- Add the pound cake into the bottom of the trifle bowl.
- Add in the Cool Whip then the strawberries and blueberries.
- Top with more Cool Whip, then top with more fresh berries.
Leave a Reply