If you are looking for a new Summer cocktail to try, our Spicy Bloody Mary Recipe is one you definitely need to save! This flavorful jalapeno infused vodka cocktail is spicy yet not overpowering. This spicy cocktail also works great for brunch!
What You'll Need to Make This
I think one of the neat things about serving up a Bloody Mary is that there is no limit to the toppings. You can really get creative with your toppings! If you are hosting a get together, why not set out a Bloody Mary Bar so your guests can have a variety of different toppings to choose from?
If you are hosting brunch soon and you are looking for a couple of additional cocktails to offer your guests, then may I suggest our Fruity Red Sangria. If you are looking for a mocktail, then our Elderflower Lemonade will work fantastic.
Why This Recipe is a Must Make
Easy to Make - making delicious adult beverages are easier than you think.
Adaptable - you can add whatever toppings you like to make this work for any event or holiday.
In the recipe card at the bottom of the post, you will find a complete list of all of the ingredients you need to make this adult beverage. I have listed just a few of the key ingredients and the suggestions for possible substitutions.
- Vodka - any flavor you prefer.
- Bloody Mary Mix - your favorite is fine.
Step by Step Directions
You will find complete steps at the bottom of the post.
By simply adding fresh jalapenos into a glass jar, pouring in your favorite vodka, covering with a lid, and letting the flavors marry together. The longer you let it sit, the stronger the flavor becomes.
Approximately 3 to 7 days. As with anything that you have infused, it's always better consumed fresh or within a few days.
Yes, remove the ingredients that you have used to infuse it with and store it in an air-tight container in the frige.
The key to keep in mind with this recipe is that you will need to let the jalapenos infuse with the vodka for 24 hours before serving this cocktail.
Spicy Bloody Mary Recipe
- 16-ounce container with a lid
- Cocktail shaker
- 16 oz. vodka
- 32 oz. Bloody Mary mix
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 large jalapenos
- 1 small jalapenos
- 2 limes
- 2 stalks celery
- ¼ cup pepper
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup salt
- Wash and dry the jalapenos.
- Slice the smaller jalapeno into small rings then de-seed the rings.
- Next, slice the two large jalapenos in half lengthwise and then in half lengthwise again. Then de-seed them.
- Place the jalapenos into the 16 oz. container and add in the vodka. Add the lid and allow the jalapenos and vodka to infuse together for 24 hours.
- Prepare a shallow bowl of water and a separate shallow bowl of salt and pepper and set them aside.
- Add 3 ounces of the infused vodka (per Bloody Mary) to the cocktail shaker.
- Add in ¾ cup of the Bloody Mary mix to the cocktail shaker. Next, add in the hot sauce, the Worcestershire sauce and the 2 teaspoons of black pepper.
- Next, cut one lime into four slices and squeeze the lime so the fresh juice goes into the cocktail shaker.
- Cut the other lime into 8 slices for the garnish and set them aside.
- Secure the top on the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously several times.
- Turn your glass upside down into the shallow bowl of water. Next, place the glass upside down in the shallow dish with the salt & pepper mixture and twist it until the rim is coated.
- Fill the glass with ice. Place the strainer on the cocktail shaker and pour the Bloody Mary mixture into the glass. Add a stalk of celery, a slice of lime and a few wheels of jalapeno. Enjoy!