Andes Mint Brownies are full of chocolate, mint, and are topped with Andes mints. Mint brownies are so flavorful and easy to make. These semi-homemade brownies topped with green frosting are perfect for St. Patrick's Day.
How to Make Andes Mint Brownies
Brownies are such a perfect dessert. They are decadent and you can do so much with a brownie recipe. Like make your own or your own Patriotic Brownie Parfaits. Of course these S'mores Brownie Cupcakes are simply divine and if you love S'mores, then you will definitely love these.
Why Should I Make This Recipe?
You should make this delicious recipe because it's:
- Easy - using a brownie mix makes this even easier.
- Quick - this dessert is ready in less than an hour.
- Flavorful - thanks to the mint and chocolate.
Ingredient List and Suggestions
- Brownie mix - or you can use your favorite homemade recipe.
- Frosting - I used a container of vanilla frosting.
- Green Food Coloring - you can leave this out if you'd prefer white frosting.
- Mint extract - if you prefer peppermint extract, that is fine.
How Do I Know When Brownies are Done?
You can check the doneness by sticking a toothpick in the middle. When you pull the toothpick out, it should have crumbs on it. If there are no crumbs, it's too done. And if it's still really runny, then they still need to bake more.
Also, another way is to tell is if the brownies have pulled away from the sides of the pan.
Do Brownies harden as they cool?
Yes, they do. That's why you don't want them too done when you remove them from the oven.
Is it better to use a glass baking dish or a metal one?
When making brownies, it's better to use a light-colored metal one.
What kind of mint does Andes use?
Andes mints have a mint layer between two layers of chocolate.
How Long have Andes Mints been around?
Since the 1950s.
Can you Freeze Brownies?
Yes, up to two months.
How Do I Store?
Store the leftover brownies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 to 5 days.
Step by Step Directions
You will find a complete breakdown of the ingredients and directions in the recipe card below.
Step 1: Preheat oven.
Step 2: Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with foil then lightly spray with cooking spray.
Step 3: Prepare brownies according to the directions on the box.
Step 4: Bake brownies according to the directions.
Step 5: While they are cooling, prepare the frosting.
Step 6: Frost the cupcakes.
Step 7: Cut up the mints and sprinkle them on the top of the brownies.
Related Dessert Recipes
Andes Mint Brownies
- Box of Brownie mix
- Ingredients according to box
- Container of Vanilla frosting
- Mint extract
- Green food coloring
- Preheat the oven to the directions on the box
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with foil then lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box.
- Bake until the brownies are done by following the time of the box.
- Let the brownies cool once they are done. While they are cooling, prepare the frosting.
- In a small bowl, add in the frosting, then slowly add drops of green food coloring until you achieve the color you want. Then add one to two tablespoon of the extract in. Slowly add it in so it's not overpowering.
- Cut up the Andes Mints and top the frosting before it sets.