Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice – An Easy Dinner Recipe!
Cilantro Lime Chicken is a flavorful recipe that is perfect for those crazy after-school nights when you have no idea how you will squeeze in dinner!
I am always looking for easy recipes that I can make in under 20 minutes. Not just prep in 20 minutes, I mean prep to stove/oven to table in 20 minutes. For me, that is a win!
This Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe is quick, contains basic ingredients that any grocery store will carry, and I think, will quickly become a family favorite!
Another reason this Lime and Cilantro Chicken recipe is one of my favorites is because you get your main dish AND a side together! I mean how easy does that make dinner prep?
CAN I MAKE THIS CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE IN A SLOW COOKER?
Yes, you can do that! I would start off with chicken breasts in the morning on low. Add salt, pepper, and enough chicken broth to cover the chicken breast. Let the chicken cook 4 – 6 hours on low. Once the chicken is done, remove the chicken, shred the chicken with two forks, and put the chicken back into the slow cooker. You can then add in the remainder of the ingredients and let the flavors marry together and the rice to fully cook for another 1 hour or so.
CAN I MAKE CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN AND RICE BOWLS?
Definitely! That would be so yummy!
WOULD THIS EASY CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE WORK AS TACO FILLING?
You could do that if you wish. I would consider using flour tortillas though so you could fold up the edges, so the goodies don’t fall out.
Here is how to make delish Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice!
– 1 Cup Rice (I used white Basmati rice)
– 1 Cup Broth (any flavor you choose)
– 1 Cup Water
– 2 Tbsp Butter
– 1-2 Cup Cooked Shredded Chicken
– 1 Cup Black Beans (rinsed)
– ½ Cup Chopped Cilantro
– 2 Limes
– Salt to Taste
1. In a Medium skillet, place the rice, broth, water, and butter. Cover and cook for 17-20 minutes. If using a different rice, then cook according to your package directions. Depending on the type of rice being cooked, times can vary.
2. Once rice is cooked, add the beans, cooked shredded chicken, cilantro, and the juice of 1-2 limes. Mix together. Depending on your taste, add more or less lime juice.
3. Salt to taste and serve.
- - 1 Cup Rice I used white Basmati rice
- - 1 Cup Broth any flavor you choose
- - 1 Cup Water
- - 2 Tbsp Butter
- - 1-2 Cup Cooked Shredded Chicken
- - 1 Cup Black Beans rinsed
- - ½ Cup Chopped Cilantro
- - 2 Limes
- - Salt to Taste
In a Medium skillet, place the rice, broth, water, and butter. Cover and cook for 17-20 minutes. If using a different rice, then cook according to your package directions. Depending on the type of rice being cooked, times can vary.
Once rice is cooked, add the beans, cooked shredded chicken, cilantro, and the juice of 1-2 limes. Mix together. Depending on your taste, add more or less lime juice.
Salt to taste and serve.
Wondering what to serve with Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice? You could also make some homemade tortilla chips and Pico de Gallo as they would pare perfectly with this meal! If you are looking for more quick and easy meal ideas, check out our Authentic Spicy Chicken Tacos!
Make sure to pin this now so you’ll have it for later!