This Nacho Cheese Casserole is an easy one skillet meal that is full of hearty ground beef, warm and gooey cheese, and crunchy nacho chips! The last thing anyone wants on a chaotic weeknight is a recipe that requires multiple pans and skillets so if you are looking for an quick and easy dinner idea, this is a keeper!
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- chicken works great instead of ground beef.
- black beans can be used instead of kidney beans.
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- green onions
This tortilla chip casserole can be prepped in the morning and kept in the fridge for about 8 hours. The only suggestion I would have would be to place it in a casserole dish instead of a cast iron skillet.
Nacho Cheese Casserole
- 1 bag of nacho cheese chips
- 1 lg. can of kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Salt/pepper/seasoning salt to taste
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 small can of green chilies
- Optional toppings for your Nacho Cheese Casserole:
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 to mato diced
- Black olives sliced
- Sour cream
- Green onions sliced
Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place the hamburger into the skillet and season with the salt, pepper, and seasoning salt. Cook the ground beef until the meat is no longer pink. Add in the garlic and onion and continue cooking until they are translucent. Then add in the green chilies, tomato sauce, and the taco seasoning. Let everything mix together for about 5 minutes.
- Top the beef mixture with the beans, the chips, and then the cheese.
- Place into the oven and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese is perfectly gooey.
- Remove from the oven and add your toppings.