My Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is a quick and easy pasta dish that is on the table in 30 minutes. It's full of fresh veggies, pasta, and spicy chicken. I am all about quick and easy dishes. Make it a pasta dish and that is even better! That is why I am loving this pasta dish! It's perfect not only for weeknights but for weekend dinners too.
Our Chicken Pasta recipe is basically a one skillet dish even though you will need a separate pot for boiling the linguine. One-skillet dinners just make life easier. Another tasty and easy one pan dinner is our Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Kale. It's simple to make and the clean-up is a breeze!
I love discovering new ways to change up chicken recipes. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad about enjoying a simple and delicious chicken breast, however, sometimes I am looking to change things up a bit. If you are looking for delicious chicken recipes, I have a few that you might just love.
Our number one recipe that our readers love is my Stuffed Chicken Breast with Stuffing. Another favorite is my Asparagus Stuffed Chicken. My Homemade Chicken Tenders are a new family favorite that I think your family will love too.
You will find a complete list of the ingredients in the recipe card below. However, this is a list of the suggestions of the key ingredients.
- Linguine pasta - or another type of pasta your family enjoys.
- Chicken breasts - chicken tenderloins can also be used instead.
- Bell peppers - you can use red, green, yellow, orange or a combination of all.
- Onion - I used a yellow onion, however, you could use red or sweet so there isn't as much of a bite.
🥗What Sides Go with This?
Garlic bread is amazing as a side for this hearty and flavorful pasta dinner. However, a nice side salad such as a Caesar salad or a corn salad would be a great option.
Step 1: Season and cut the chicken and set aside.
Step 2: Slice the peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
Step 3: Cook the chicken.
Step 4: Add in the vegetables.
Step 5: Prepare the pasta.
Step 6: Once the pasta is done, add the pasta into the skillet with the vegetables and chicken, add in the cream to make the sauce.
Step 7: Serve and enjoy!
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Absolutely! You can use bow-tie pasta, spaghetti noodles, penne pasta or even elbow macaroni pasta. It's totally up to you. I feel the dish works better when you use linguine, however, it's still delicious regardless of what noodles you use.
You definitely can, however, if you make the complete dish and let it sit until you are ready to serve it, the pasta will soak up all of the liquid.
My suggestion would be to prepare everything else ahead of time and then prepare the noodles as the other ingredients are re-heating. That way the linguine is served fresh.
Cajun spice contains garlic powder, seasoning salt, oregano, thyme, and onion powder.
Mix together cayenne pepper, dried chili pepper, oregano, black pepper, and paprika together.
🔎Looking for More Delicious Recipes?
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 16 ounces linguine pasta cooked and drained
- 2 skinless chicken breasts halved
- 4 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 red bell peppers sliced
- 2 green bell peppers sliced
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 green onion sliced on an angle
- Prepare the chicken first. Cut the chicken into slices then place the chicken breast and the cajun seasoning salt into a plastic bag. Shake to coat the chicken with the seasoning. Let the seasoned chicken rest inside the bag as you prepare the other items.
- Slice the peppers, mushrooms, and the onions and set them aside.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet (or another large skillet) with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once the pan is ready to go, add in the chicken and cook over medium-high heat until the chicken is done (8 to 10 minutes).
- When the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees, add in the sliced vegetables (except the green onion), toss to mix everything together and cook until the vegetables are crisp yet tender (approximately 5 to 6 minutes).
- While the chicken mixture is cooking, boil the pasta according to the package directions until the pasta is al-dente.
- Once the pasta is ready to go, add it into the skillet and toss everything all together. Then add in the heavy cream, black pepper, and basil.
- Let everything marry together for about 5 minutes as that will give the cream time to thicken.
- Top the dish with the green onions and serve with grated parmesan cheese!
This post was originally posted on March 25, 2011 on Kiddies Corner Deals