Potato Sausage Broccoli Breakfast Casserole is a great way to start the day! This is a great brunch recipe that has sausage, potatoes, broccoli, and cheese!
If breakfast isn't your cup of tea and you prefer brunch, then this casserole recipe will work great on your table full of sweet and savory dishes!
While I do love a hearty breakfast at times, the older I get, I find myself looking forward to brunch. Brunch is such a great way to not be rushed on a lazy weekend morning. The food prep isn't rushed and you also have time to decorate the table just the way you'd like.
If you enjoy savory brunch recipes, then dishes like a frittata would hit the spot. Or if you prefer sweet brunch recipes, then a fresh fruit parfait or an easy French Toast Bake would be just perfect!
Brunch Casserole tips:
- This casserole can be made ahead of time. Mix everything and leave in the refrigerator overnight. Pull the dish out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature then bake as stated.
- You can also substitute hash browns instead of the potatoes.
Italian sausage, red onion, potato, eggs, milk, broccoli, cheddar cheese, and chives.
Here is a quick breakdown of the instructions. To get the full printable instructions, head to the bottom of the page to get printable recipe card.
- Cook sausage
- Cook the onion and potato until done.
- In a baking dish add in the ingredients as well as the eggs
POTATO SAUSAGE BROCCOLI BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- ½ lb. bulk Italian sausage no casings
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 large russet or Idaho potato diced
- 2 large eggs
- 3 T. whole milk
- 2 c. fresh broccoli diced
- ¾ c. sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 2 T. fresh chives finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with some
non-stick cooking spray.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat and add the sausage. Cook sausage until slightly browned, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon as it cooks, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the onion and potato and season, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until
the onion softens and the potatoes become golden brown, approximately 6-7
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs and whole milk in a small bowl and season with
salt and black pepper, to taste. Add one-half cup cheddar cheese and stir to
- Transfer the sausage-potato mixture into the prepared baking dish and stir in the diced
broccoli. Spread into an even layer and pour the egg mixture evenly over the
top. Sprinkle remaining cheese across the top.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake until the eggs are set, and the potatoes are
cooked through around 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for several minutes before slicing. Top with fresh
chives and serve immediately. Enjoy!